17" front wheel, speedo healer?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ditto to what?

Been thinking a lot about a different speedo. I like the way the spa looks. It has been somewhat redesigned recently from what I understand. I am also considering a KOSO RX2N+. I've heard a few have had issues with it though.

I cant think of any way to make the OEM speedo work with Busa forks and front wheel

If you have a KOSO can you put up some pics of it from the front and side view?

Voltage did write some thread and made video about that model.
There are some other units there: http://www.digital-speedos.co.uk/multifunction-gauges-1-c.asp.

Personally I didn't make the move yet, since i'm still running a stock front wheel and the offset of the stock speedo is not that bad.

Quick link to the v-max specific: http://www.digital-speedos.co.uk/yamaha-vmax-16-c.asp

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I'm finally getting to this! I'm getting a speedo drive from a '95 FZR600. The stock tire of that model is a 110/60VR17 which gives it a tire circumference of 72.454". I have a Shinko 120/60ZR17 which has a tire circumference of 71.217. Both the FZR750 and FZR1000 have tire circumferences of over 74".

Now that we have that straight, my next question is will the stock Vmax axle fit through it? I see Rick Rash used a FZR600 drive on his and didn't mention anything about the axle.

Thanks.

Mark

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I'm finally getting to this! I'm getting a speedo drive from a '95 FZR600. The stock tire of that model is a 110/60VR17 which gives it a tire circumference of 72.454". I have a Shinko 120/60ZR17 which has a tire circumference of 71.217. Both the FZR750 and FZR1000 have tire circumferences of over 74".

Now that we have that straight, my next question is will the stock Vmax axle fit through it? I see Rick Rash used a FZR600 drive on his and didn't mention anything about the axle.

Thanks.

Mark

Well, the fzr600 speedo drive does not work with a COO front wheel. Either it's not a Thundercat wheel or the stock hub is used. The stock drive is on top which has a 15 mm bore. Stock is 17 mm.

83f1fd84750f19ba9b5c99e6706b8747.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark-o, you can switch gearing from the T'cat to VMax by drilling an access hole to the split pin from the blind side and punching it out, if that will help....:confused2:
Did this with my '99 and COO 17" wheels and it worked great.

Well, that's slick, and should take care of things. "Good on ya, Danny" as the Antipodeans would comment.

Mark-o, you can switch gearing from the T'cat to VMax by drilling an access hole to the split pin from the blind side and punching it out, if that will help....:confused2:

Thanks Dan-o!

I was surprised that nothing held in the stock gear. It came right out.

I was able to het the fzr retainer out but it doesn't look like the pin can be pried out.

Thanks Dan-o!

I was surprised that nothing held in the stock gear. It came right out.

I was able to het the fzr retainer out but it doesn't look like the pin can be pried out.

You have to line it up by eye and drill to the split pin from the blind side.....then punch it out.

Yeah, that's weird that the stock gear just sort of floats back & forth in there! :confused2:

Latest posts

Back