A great American laid to rest.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rest in peace Ken. I was in the navy too Dennis and I heard that alot from marines. I have the utmost respect for those like Ken and my grand father that served our country and where what I consider real American heros.

Thanks a bunch. Ken's 1st Marine Division took a pounding at Guadalcanal, at first. They dished one out too, and bestowed upon the Japanese some good old American kick ass. It turned the tide of the war to offensive. The people of that error earned the right to be called the Greatest Generation. WW2 was a major effort back home as well as abroad. Everyone contributed in some way.
Ken is now buried, and peaceful, I'm sure. He and his family appreciate all your kind words. I'll still make visits to the Veteran Home where Ken spent his last days. It's full of American heroes from every branch of the service. Some of these poor guys have no family or friends left. They pipe right up when they get a visit, from even a stranger.
Steve-o

Sorry for your loss, *clicks heels and salutes Ken*

Rest well brother, I'll meet you on my way to fiddlers green.

Back