11 week report 86 max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbaron13

Reaction score
Okay boys, bought this thing from a chef after back surgery. I have hardly gotten off it since the last week of may when purchased. It still has a little chuff when goosing the throttle before warm, not enough to venture into. It appears to have a small oil seep that allows oil to run down on the front left cylinder coolant plug cover and spread across the top of the left top cover, not enough to worry about.
The trapp muffler on the header reaches to the tail light but it sounds so good it does not bother me. The oil breather line that is almost touching the plastic radiator resovoir is making a mess, I may put a joint in that pipe and run it down the inside of the right rear frame member so the mess goes to the ground. So, all it calls for is wax and driving. Man I love this thing, if it breaks, I will probably part it out but not before buying a VMX17.

Pretty amazing considering your bike will turn 30 this coming year!

Pics! Pics! We want pics!

I've put 1000 miles on mine since I bought it at the beginning of this month.

I am in Cape Cod with my family on a week vacation and miss my MAX ... Withdrawal is BAD! Bang head!

First time EVER that I'm looking forward to heading home after vacation!

On the chuffing, I had good results with running seafoam via a few tanks of gas...

Pics!

Happy riding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be careful with the throttle until fully warmed up. Especially on early Gen 1's. I don't want to see you parting her out early. Lots of threads on the orange o-ring defect. Aa good upgrade for piece of mind.
Sorry about that rain Spects95t. It should be clearing up. Bring your ride next visit, we'll get together.
Steve-o

roger on the throttle. it has the 2we sn on the engine, according to the vmx outlaw tech data it is somewhere between an 87-96 motor. I have no idea what type upgrades were put on it. on an earlier thread, in another room I posted some engine year numbers on the block. I believe one hed had 92, the other 94, on two small pads in front of the engine sn i believe 94 is engraved with an arrow toward the gear shift and 96 with an arrow toward the swingarm. no one seems to know what they mean and they do not come with the new bike. the etching is done by a hand engraver. it runs well, a little more oil is collecting on top the left side cover now, so it must be one of the intake bolts leaking. I can see a little oil in the grooves below the left front bolt. not enough to mess with yet though. i read the article on the o ring, bummer.

man the same thing happened when I went on vacation. i will post some pics later on, it is a standard vmx12s with the burgundy (purple?) color scheme. it is the most fun thing I have driven since I quit flying UH60s

okay, loaded three and put it on the avatar, not bad for almost 30 years old

Back