Prostate cancer

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again guys!!! I just got back from the VA this morning to have the catheter and peebag removed. On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being the least and 10 the worst, my pain index shot up from a 2 to a 13+ when the doc removed that catheter!!! I was wincing and sweating bullets, but I didn't cry out.... Mind you guys, I have a very high threshold regarding pain and passing not 1 but 38 kidney stones ranks right up there for me. Being decatheterized ranks as a close second, just because the pain intensity fades immediately.

Praying for your continued recovery. Hopefully, the most painful part of the recovery is past.
I would like to ask though, has Prostate Cancer run in the men of your family prior to your occurance?

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. We need more cancer survivors in order to beat it. YOU WILL BE ONE !!!

Praying for your continued recovery. Hopefully, the most painful part of the recovery is past.
I would like to ask though, has Prostate Cancer run in the men of your family prior to your occurance?

Well when my dad passed away at the VA here late in 2007, they performed an autopsy on him which revealed that he did pass on due to pneumonia at age 76. But the autopsy results also revealed that he had cancer in his prostate, something we were not aware of.

Back in 2010, we found out that my mom had stage 3 colorectal cancer and she underwent surgery to have it removed. It's 2015 and so far she is still cancer free.

My doc had informed me that preliminary test results from my prostate they removed last week showed that I actually had stage 4 cancer instead of the stage 3 as they had originally diagnosed, but all of it was contained within the prostate only.

Being the oldest of five siblings, I have two younger brothers as well as two younger sisters, I have urged that they all get cancer screenings just in case...

Thanks guys!!! I got back on my bike on the 21st or 2 weeks after my surgery...the first couple of bumps was a little jarring but I seem to be healing up nicely...

Thanks guys!!! I got back on my bike on the 21st or 2 weeks after my surgery...the first couple of bumps was a little jarring but I seem to be healing up nicely...
Good. Vmax therepy always helps. Glad that it turned out OK.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Back