85 vmax " how much offer?"

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ost85vmax

Reaction score
Not sure what to think of this but....

Let me know your thoughts. Was leaving a local place and walking out the door ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440212643.710707.jpg a guy is taking pics of my bike.

Cool.

But he asks me what's the price.

I bought this bike simply because I have always loved them and I finally found the one. Planned on building it BIG throughout my years. I have no intentions of selling it but...

He honestly offers me 12k.

I said possibly if it's worth enough that I can get a gen2 but still really no way. I have a lot of money and time into this bike and totally wouldn't sell it but for 12k. If this guy is serious would you?

This has happened a few times so I would not be posting this but this is a real offer.

Unless anyone one here is from the Madison wi area and is that guy.

I would sell it to him, and then buy a Gen II. Do the transaction at a bank so you can see if it's 'funny money.' Something sounds suspicious. Where else can you make that kind of $? I see it's a 2000 engine. Sell it.

I would do it as long as he's not drunk or spends most of his time in a institution ..or you could give him a deal 10 grand even !! If not tell him I have an 05' for 9500 and I throw in a bike cover .

Why would somebody pay DOUBLE market value for something? You'd be a fool not to take it, if the offer is serious. Go by two identical VMAX's, or one nice GEN2. :punk:

Not sure what to think of this but....

Let me know your thoughts. Was leaving a local place and walking out the door View attachment 50456 a guy is taking pics of my bike.

Cool.

But he asks me what's the price.

I bought this bike simply because I have always loved them and I finally found the one. Planned on building it BIG throughout my years. I have no intentions of selling it but...

He honestly offers me 12k.

I said possibly if it's worth enough that I can get a gen2 but still really no way. I have a lot of money and time into this bike and totally wouldn't sell it but for 12k. If this guy is serious would you?

This has happened a few times so I would not be posting this but this is a real offer.

Unless anyone one here is from the Madison wi area and is that guy.

Yeah, I'd take the money and get a gen2. I have an 85 that JUST rolled over 4,000 miles, and I'm considering tossing it out there for sale at some point just to see what happens. I mean, shit, how many 85's can there be out there with less than 5,000 miles on them? I doubt anyone would bite, as I wouldn't take less than I could snag a gen 2 for, but hell, it never hurts to put it out there.

Joe

I would sell mine for half that, then buy another and have a few bucks leftover for a nice dual sport bike. I saw a Vmax in the Rapid City CL yesterday for $2000 with a fresh engine. I like the genII but they look so damn busy and cobbled, I think it would take a ton of work to make it look smooth and easy.

Back