HID headlight options

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dodgediesel59

Reaction score
Just curious what there are for options for HID lighting. I have looked around the web for awhile, and cant find a whole lot of info out there. What is available that is fairly easy to make work?

Very good company to deal with is DDM Tuning. I would consider LED maybe before HID if I were looking today. Imho
Mike

+1 on DDM Tuning, great products. i have the 35w hid and have never been happier with the upgrade.

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant

I have DDM kits in my car and truck both but. Could not find anything to work on my bike. I know I'm not blind after the lasik so maybe I'm a little slow! Is there a whole replacement lenses then?

The DDM bulb will fit in the stock housing. Just have to mount rest if the kit elsewhere. Real easy install, even I was able to pull it off.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the help guys, I guess I never looked very close at the back side of my headlight. Its definitely an H4 though!

Can anyone tell me, what is the service life of the

1) HID bulb?
2) Ballast?

What is the current draw on the battery / chraging system?

Good question because I'm running a 35 watt Bike Master unit, however, I have an 85 that at the time of my search would not support H.I.D. Every unit I tried would shut off when the motor reached 2000 R.P.M. for about a half hour then things were fine....That was impractical at best and dangerous . I ended up changing out the R/R for a Mosfet and haven't had any problem since. I also run it with a clear lens bucket from Sean Morley. I went to the DDM site and plugged in what I have now which is a high/ low beam 35 watt 3 0r 4 k unit and theirs was about half the cost of the one I have, I will say whatever you get will surprise you for the arc type light output.

Good question because I'm running a 35 watt Bike Master unit, however, I have an 85 that at the time of my search would not support H.I.D. Every unit I tried would shut off when the motor reached 2000 R.P.M. for about a half hour then things were fine....That was impractical at best and dangerous . I ended up changing out the R/R for a Mosfet and haven't had any problem since. I also run it with a clear lens bucket from Sean Morley. I went to the DDM site and plugged in what I have now which is a high/ low beam 35 watt 3 0r 4 k unit and theirs was about half the cost of the one I have, I will say whatever you get will surprise you for the arc type light output.

Thanks for the reply.
Technical specs seem to be missing from the DDM site.

Do you guys in the states have to run your headlight during daylight hours?

In Australia its compulsory for motorcycles to have the headlight on when the engine is running. Bikes are hardwired this way.

Hence my question about service life.

Last edited:
Back