First day of Spring

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
82 here today Been riding for the past few days, I LOVE TEXAS!

replace Harley with V-Max !!!!

Attachments

• 16906_10206203440748397_4944210531237299251_n.jpg
    16906_10206203440748397_4944210531237299251_n.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 10
Its been in the mid 50f range for the last 4 days now, almost 10 degrees warmer per day than the daily forecast, but still in the mid 20f temps at night so its definitely melting but into pools and then refreezing.
At the end of my 150 foot long dirt driveway at the cul de sac there is a dip, so its all rutted up with slush there, not safe for a bike. At least the Vmax is outside, it was in my kitchen, i have a 93 Goldwing in the old hot tub room in the back of the house, too much slush in the back yard to get it out yet.
I start up the Vnax every say, burning off a half tank of gas and Seafoam right now.
Then i fire up a Goldwing, a Yamaha Venture, a Yamaha Venture Royale (my favorite bike) the Star 1300 and a 750 Virago.
My herd if two wheel SteelHorses are getting antsy.
I need to get out, my soul is getting thin.

Bought a pair of leather motorcycle pants, First Racing, and a nice leather shirt, its more like a light leather jacket, its an xl, fits just a hair snug, i think i will have to buy another, probably the Leatherup version, it has better pockets. A 2XL this time. Pants are still in the mail.

Winter has been kicking Spring ass this week as we have 3" more of snow (were 4 feet ahead of last year) and on Friday my SUV's thermometer read -0 degrees.
The shipping season kicked off on the 25th with multiple USCGC icebreakers(Mackinaw/ Alder/ Katmai Bay) breaking a channel through the ice since the weekend. The Edwin H. Gott, a 1000 footer received the honor of being the first commercial ship through the locks for 2015. It arrived on the down stream side of the locks early on Wednesday but some issue with the ice didn't let them through until 9:30ish PM. The usual fanfare and local dignitaries made their speeches and well wishes for the upcoming shipping season. With the lake Superior being up over 6" from normal there is hope for larger loads being able to be carried this season. Last season it wasn't until April 4th that the first ship struggled through the Soo locks.
Here are some links to this years events: http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2015/03/spring_in_the_soo_soo_locks_we.html
http://www.9and10news.com/story/28613237/soo-locks-open-shipping-season-officially-starts
https://www.steelmarketupdate.com/news/6159-soo-locks-open-on-snowy-day-in-sault-ste-marie

Wednesday's midday was snowy and windy, which caused the Mackinac bridge to be closed for a few hours. I crossed the bridge at around 11:00 am and I could not see either of the two main tiers while in between them. I came back north across the bridge at ~5:00 pm with no issues other than a stiff wind and ice in some area's. Here are some pic's:
Northern approach to Mighty Mackinac Bridge Mar 25 2013..jpg North Pier of Mighty Mackinac Bridge Mar 25 2013..jpg Closer shot of the North pier of Mighty Mackinac Bridge Mar 25 2013..jpg Mighty Mackinac Bridge Mar 25 2013 between North and South piers.jpg

I crossed the bridge at around 11:00 am and I could not see either of the two main tiers while in between them. I came back north across the bridge at ~5:00 pm with no issues other than a stiff wind and ice in some area's.

I thought Yoopers were a tough breed.
Why weren't you crossing the bridge on Redbone:ummm:

I crossed the bridge at around 11:00 am and I could not see either of the two main tiers while in between them. I came back north across the bridge at ~5:00 pm with no issues other than a stiff wind and ice in some area's.

I thought Yoopers were a tough breed.
Why weren't you crossing the bridge on Redbone:ummm:
I would of but my 200/50 18 knobby is worn smooth from all the riding on the snowmobile trails!:biglaugh:

Back