In need of serious help!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is your fuel pressure? Good flow & pressure? Good gas? Check your voltage DURING cranking to be sure you are not starving your CDI of necessary voltage for correct operation.

I hope that when you did that shotgun routine, you ONLY sprayed carb cleaner down the proper jet passages, and not gotten carried away with the pressurized carb cleaner or pressurized air? If you spray down the wrong passages, you can, literally, destroy the coasting enrichener diaphrams and end up with bits & pieces of one or more of them blocking critical areas of your carbs. Don't ask me how I know that one, but suffice it to say, that is when I first found this forum.!!

If you confirm good, solid spark on the plugs, good solid voltage DURING cranking, and good, solid fuel pressure, then you may want to pull the carb rack and go through them properly to inspect for blockages throughout.

Cannibal, the one thing you need the most and you will be fighting a battle that is so hard to win without it is a battery. As soon as i put a new battery on with higher than stock cold cranking amps my problems became obsolete. I believe that the stock battery has 170 cranking amps and you cannot go wrong with the price and cranking amps on this one (420)- it will spin that motor almost twice as fast. In your youtube video i can hear the battery being pulled down.
$50 delivered. Hope this helps you.
http://www.apexbattery.com/ub1220-12v-22ah-battery.html

Ok I know it isn't the cops, I put those on correctly, it ran fine, and I haven't moved them. I didn't get carb cleaner in any wrong hole, and my battery is a 300cca shorai lithium so my CCA shouldn't be an issue either.
It's good fuel, I put a new tank of fuel with seafoam in it before plugging the battery back in and taking it for a test ride. I haven't tested the fuel pump yet, though it sounds like it's working just fine.

Once with mine i had all the needels stick in the carb it had set for about 2 months .Fired ran for a 15 sec died.Taped the carbs with a screwdriver handel they popped free.Plugs wet?Not sure about your 4000 and up problem,Lot of good guy's on here.They get you through it.

Ok so cold resistance was 98ohm. Pulled the plugs and cleaned them off even though they didn't look terrible. Now it's back on the charger, I'm gonna see if it'll run and I'll take it for a little test ride then check the hot resistance of the pickup coil.

Seems like it's flooding... I can't even push start it, and now I'm stranded, waiting for a trailer

It could possibly be my floats, or something else in the carbs if it is flooding. Looks like I'm going to order a carb rebuild kit and just tear the carbs apart, or send them to someone who can do it right the first time since I seem to be making it worse.

If you end up wanting to have them sent out to be cleaned and professionally gone through take a look at Dannymax's services or better known as "BRC Carb Shop", click on his banner at the bottom of this page then give him a call. He'll do the job properly and he even has a test Vmax to ensure proper operation and tune before he sends them back to you. Prices are very reasonable as well.

Save yourself next time, if you're checking the stator coil pickup resistance.
If its the coil pickup problem, it will show its ass without being ridden.

Let it warm up. About 1 minute AFTER the cooling fan kicks in, cut the bike off.
See if it starts back up normally.

If it does, then your stator coil pickup, seems to still be working.

If it doesn't start back up, or stumbles and dies out while its getting warm, pull the connector under your seat and check the resistance.

If the reading looks to be an open circuit, you'll need a new stator coil pickup.

at this time, you'll find that pulling a plug and grounding it to the engine frame, with the plug wire attached, will not produce a spark, or a barely visible spark. You can also verify this by letting the bike cool down for an hour and check the spark and resistance again.

Good thing about this test, you don't have to move the bike and get stuck like I did (and you too for that matter ). :bang head:

2.5 years ago, I had to push my bike for 2 miles, on RT46 here in NJ, because the stator coil pickup went bad. 85 Degrees and 90' humidity is not bad for riding, but its murder for pushing a 630lb bike.

i WHY DID THIS THREAD END ? ...... WHAT EVER HAPPENED WITH THE FIX OF YOUR BIKE ? :confused2:

Latest posts

Back