Clear scoop inserts?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
11081271_936875349679504_3567057462851363239_n.jpg

Well, since you didn't email me back, I made my own out of 1/4" red acrylic that was left outside a sign company and they said I could have it. A few minutes with a dremel and "good enough" comes to mind haha

LOL thats funny, you didnt even wait for the business day to start haha... Because I emailed you first thing Monday morning and never heard back. Sorry we are not open on Sunday's!

10980197_937644239602615_2969927888905340526_o.jpg

Can you have red forward facing illumination? I think, in my state, it must be clear or Amber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my state, the only restriction is blue or green running/indicator lights because they're emergency only colors. For red, it just cannot "project on to the road, further than 15 feet from the vehicle", all my running lights on my vehicles are red and all red turn signals with hid/white led headlights. It pays to know your local laws for these things.

It does. If you are in Idaho, state law prohibits any colors but clear or Amber on the front of your vehicle Idaho DMV Section 49-910.

Just trying to help you not have to deal with the fuzz. They are looking for an excuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The dmv here is always a decade or more behind the current statutes, I'm not worried, I've never been stopped or even asked about the color of my running lights or turn signals.

Yeah... Spent some time grinding out the lexan pieces, and I have come to a conclusion...
Ain't know way in hell am I gonna come close to matching what CustomizedCreations can make me.

Still, I am gonna get the pieces I am working on finished, and get everything, including the lights, all mounted. Once I know everything fits and will do as I desire, I am gonna have that guy make me a set. (that way, they'll look good)

Yeah... Spent some time grinding out the lexan pieces, and I have come to a conclusion...
Ain't know way in hell am I gonna come close to matching what CustomizedCreations can make me.

Still, I am gonna get the pieces I am working on finished, and get everything, including the lights, all mounted. Once I know everything fits and will do as I desire, I am gonna have that guy make me a set. (that way, they'll look good)

Not knocking Todd, or CNC milling machines, but there is a great amount of satisfaction to be had by creating something by yourself, using only rudimentary hand and power tools. Of course, this method is most suitable for one-offs, or very limited production. I'm sure Todd would agree.
Of course CNC manufacturing has made acquisition of near-perfect, identical custom parts much more widespread, not to mention very affordable!
Guess I'm just too old-school. Ya'suppose that's why I still love my vinyl, and my eight-track?
Cheers!

Not knocking Todd, or CNC milling machines, but there is a great amount of satisfaction to be had by creating something by yourself, using only rudimentary hand and power tools. Of course, this method is most suitable for one-offs, or very limited production. I'm sure Todd would agree.
Of course CNC manufacturing has made acquisition of near-perfect, identical custom parts much more widespread, not to mention very affordable!
Guess I'm just too old-school. Ya'suppose that's why I still love my vinyl, and my eight-track?
Cheers!

I shall get my satisfaction from the designing the bike to be the way I want it, and doing what I have the capabilities to do myself. With the clear pieces, I will be the first to admit when someone can make it look a lot better, and the looks is an important part of what I want lol.

That and all that polycarbonate dust is making a hell of a mess in my kitchen
twilightsheepish.png

Ok, my ideas for using the scoops as turn signals kinda fell through. Looking inside the scoops, I would not have the room for the REALLY bright LED lights I wished to use. Also, with the windshield I have mounted, the view of the lights would be obscured. I still will be mounting clear inserts with lighting behind them, just gonna do it differently.

I'll be using the lighting as accent lighting.

I think I need to contact customizedcreations, and see about some inserts made up with a custom design milled into them. Might as well go all out with what I want to do, if I can lol

There are some really bright leds available. We can custom machine a design for you as well.

That would take care of the brightness issue, but the windshield on the bike would still obscure the scoops... Wait, I just looked at a pic of the bike as seen from the front, and they should be visible enough. Question is, though, will the LED's that fit be bright enough for my preference?

As for the design...
These as line art designs

Attachments

• Woona Cutie Marks.jpg
    Woona Cutie Marks.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 17
That would take care of the brightness issue, but the windshield on the bike would still obscure the scoops... Wait, I just looked at a pic of the bike as seen from the front, and they should be visible enough. Question is, though, will the LED's that fit be bright enough for my preference?

As for the design...
These as line art designs

OH they are bright! Probably brighter than the stock lights anyways.

I don't see a problem with that art work.

Todd

Latest posts

Back