First day of Spring

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redbone

Reaction score
Happy first day of spring! Woke up this am to the sun coming up which was reflecting off the fresh 3" of snow that fell last night. I knew the weather has been too good for March!
Meanwhile in Alaska they are enjoying +50 degree weather, oh well, the dirt will show again soon and so will the feeling of pressing into the wind on Redbone!

Same here.. At least the sun is out strong, melting alot of this stuff.

37 F and raining here.
Forecast is calling for 27 F and Snow tomorrow.

I never really expect it to get and stay warm here until May.

37 F and raining here.
Forecast is calling for 27 F and Snow tomorrow.

I never really expect it to get and stay warm here until May.

That's the exact long range forecast Dennis.....no significant warming unitl May!
:bang head::damn angry:

You extreme northerners I'm sure you know there are roads that will take you south ! just saying the more I get older I have less and less tolerance for harsh winters makes me bones hurt.

Sucked here in Missouri too. Cloudy and only 71 degrees for the high. We had to park the bikes back in the garage after about 200 miles of round trip through scenic Noel, MO, and then down through Eureka Springs, AR. We did manage to stop there long enough to dine at the famouse Cathouse Pub and Grill. Daffodils open everywhere, and a lot of pretty forsythia bushes blooming already. Bummer, maybe the Redbud trees will be opening by next weekend. I'll have to mount up and do it again next weekend to find out. Lol.

Vmax and Venture project are in dry and heat in the basement
The exit is not shoveled in winter
so after that shit of snow tonight it need 2 weeks of melting

Indeed it ain't! About 20°F here with a nice brisk breeze....but some sun peeking thru here & there. It doesn't really matter tho, there is so much salt pounded into our dirt roads it's gonna take a month of steady monsoons to rinse them off!

Glad you guys in warmer clims are out enjoying the spring riding....and are kind enough to share with us without rubbing it in...........:rofl_200:

Un-huh, yeah right!! :blink000:

Spring yard work for me today (Sunday). Getting rid of last years' old dead dry stuff to make way for this years' greenup. The temp was 71 or so.

Last edited:
It was nice evening out so I went down to the local lighthouse to check out the expanse of the starry skies and the last sliver of the moon. Even with just a sliver of a moon Whitefish bay ice banks were beautiful with a diamond like reflection off parts of it. It won't be long 'til the Icebreaker Mackinaw will be making it's way through this beautiful frozen scene making the way for ships with their cargos full of raw materials start flowing again.

Sounds nice BB! :worthy:

I just threw more wood on the fire and went to bed. :biglaugh:
Yes it was but I left out the part that it was 15* and a 10 mph wind so we were only there for about 20-25 minutes. :biglaugh:
Even in the heat of August the water at the lighthouse, the beginning of the St. Lawrence Seaway, is a great way to get cooled down quickly!!

Actually, two days into "spring"?
If anyone's in my area and looking for my house, thought I'd take a pic of it.
Just the thoughtful type of guy I am!
Cheers!

Attachments

• March 23 2015.jpg
    March 23 2015.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 16
We bitch about a nasty winter here (and it has been) but down east.....now that's a reason to be really bitter!!!:snow:

I feel for you guys.

Dale

Back