1985 Eliminator I might pick up for giggles

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Cheap $1500, I am guessing $1200 takes it.

24k miles.

I ve never had one... so figured maybe I would grab this just to check one out.

I know theybare faster than a max to 60 but lack after that. And having a ninja motor, I bet you can change carbs and cams and get that top end going as well. I wouldn't do that. But just looking for a cruiser for some stupid odd reason. Ibknow I won't ride it much.... if at all.

But I ve never had one... so this my excuse if I buy it.

Get it, you won't regret it. I've restored a dozen in the last 10 years, here's one of my currents ones, less than 6K original miles.

1985KawasakiZL900Christmas2014034.jpg

Yep thats the one. There are a couple others I saw as well.

To be honest, I should just find another Gen 1 Vmax. I have parts, extensive knowledge etc.....

Yep thats the one. There are a couple others I saw as well.

To be honest, I should just find another Gen 1 Vmax. I have parts, extensive knowledge etc.....

I could never just have ONE muscle bike. They all have their pluses and minuses, you can't go wrong with the ZL900. It's a smooth, powerful fun bike to ride, sits low and launches like all get out. Will never lose value either, I don't think you can say that about a 1st generation VMAX. They've already fallen in the 2K range for decent specimens, just a couple years ago, you couldn't touch a nice one for less than 3K. :punk:

I had an 85 ZL 900. had it for around 12 yrs. 0 issues. Loved it. At the time, the Vmax was to pricey.

My old Folk ``Jeff`` have done two of those
his Eliminator have a Kawa ZXR1200 engine with a mody output shast so it stay drive shaft A HELL OF A BIKE

The other one for his Friend :ummm: think it was 1000cc engine that keep its chain, so he mod the frame to give room for it

I try to find those pic :bang head:

I found a 1000 for sale for $2500.... out of state and figured by the time I got it, I would just spend another $500 and get a Gen 1 Vmax again.

But for $1500, I would pick up another muscle bike just to have.

What kind of project condition are they in? I have relatives in Kentucky and could swing by and check them out sometime.

Are you going to Thunder in Louisville April 18th?

What kind of project condition are they in? I have relatives in Kentucky and could swing by and check them out sometime.

Are you going to Thunder in Louisville April 18th?

Hadn't planned on it. One bike is pretty much ready to go, I was in the process of converting it to black and have everything except the tank, it's got Supertrapps on it and sounds great, I rode it around the neighborhood right after I got it and everything seems to be in order. I can't imagine why somebody would paint a bike like this ORANGE, or GOLD, or whatever the heck it is, it's a shame too, because it was a nice professional job, it just looks hideous and lessens the value somewhat. It has 14K miles on it if I remember correctly. The second one I got up in Cincinnati just a few months ago, got it running without much trouble but it's going to need carb work. Here's pictures of both bikes. I'd take a grand for the red one, and 1500 for the gold one. Like I said, I have already started converting the orange/gold one to black and would include those parts. Wasn't planning on going to that thing in Louisville, hadn't heard anything about it. Here are some pics.

I am interested in the gold one. Shoot me an email [email protected] if you have more pictures and more details. They both need titles?

Yes, but both have already had the VIN's run and are not stolen, I just have had these on the back burner and honestly, I'm completely out of room and need the space more than anything else. I'll send you a slideshow of the gold one. :punk:

Back