Seafoam Question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigJimi

Reaction score
I put Seafoam in fresh gas the other day and I notice that if the bike is sitting and i rev it up it smokes a little, anyone else have that issue with the seafoam?

Thanks

^ Yeah it sounds like you overdid it.
You should only use 1 ounce per gallon.

Last edited:
LOL, Not always.
Just take a nice long ride until you're down to 2 Gallons or so then refill the tank to dillute it.

I have been using 1 oz per gallon as the can states. So far no issues. Am I using too much ?:ummm:

It still runs good I just noticed it smoked some if I rev it up a little, I needed to replace the plugs anyway not sure how long they have been in there

I have watched videos where it showed people pouring it in the carb while it was running, a little smoke is normal. I add it regularly, it beats paying or pulling the carbs apart for cleaning. I know my bike runs better with it as well as my lawnmower does smoke a bit but runs way better in it. I have had buddy's with HD, they swore by it after I let them try some...

Always use Seafoam in moderation.

sea_foam_1.jpg

Sea_foam_at_Ocean_Beach_in_San_Francisco_-1_on_3-25-11.jpg:biglaugh:

And always remember to wear your safety glasses when using this product. Years ago, I lost a good set of contact lens when cleaning the carb on a Honda Accord and got carried away with a blast of air pressure down the wrong orifice. :bang head: (my safety glasses were lying within inches, and I had forgotten to put them on my face)

Well there was a thread on here somewhere. ...someone would run a full can of seafoam into a full tank of gas every time. ...or every other time. SERIOUSLY screwed the carbs up......as in bits EATEN. So yes....please use it in moderation. The reason why a bike runs better with it is due to the alcohol in it. Alcohol has a higher percentage of oxygen in it.

Alcohol hmm, I have some good moonshine I wonder how good it might run with that

If you come to Thunder, feel free to bring it. It won't make it to a gas tank though.
biglaugh.gif

Latest posts

Back