Spark plug caps! HELP HELP HELP! EMERGENCY!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

82ndCowboy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took apart one my spark plug caps to check it for corosion.
After unscrewing it the brass screw fell out along with an insulator and a spring and a tiny disc.
And as usual they dumped out at the same time.
So I have no idea where the disc goes.
Any one know where the disc goes?
Between the spring and insulator or between the screw and insulator?
I looked in the book, nothing on it.
So Naturally I took another part Slower and more carefully. But the same damn thing happened.
So I need some emergency help ASAP!
Trying to get her put back together so I can ride.
Thanks in advance.

I think this is it.

Attachments

• 1-maximx_plugcap_and_parts.jpg
    1-maximx_plugcap_and_parts.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 64
It's a resistor for radio interference mitigation. Throw that cap awAy and buy a new one or four, they're cheap.

No. I'm not going to throw them away. I'm painting them fire red to match my spark wires and new red hoses. I already have red brake and clutch lines.
Now all I need is a red speedo cable.
I shouldn't have taken them apart, but some one said they get corroded, so I figured I'd check em. Should have left them alone because there was nothing wrong with the rear set that I did a few months ago.

Or, you could have simply pulled one of the other ones apart (more carefully) and paid attention to the order of the parts as they came out........ you rocket scientists are all alike. :whistlin: :biglaugh:

He already has red wires:
"I'm painting them fire red to match my spark wires"

Oh, sorry. He could cut the wires off the wires and caps I posted and use just the caps and preserve his previous red wires.

I was just throwing out an option to get red wires and caps. I didn't mean to offend you fire-medic. What an idiot I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one's offended, no one's an idiot.

Well, maybe those B King guys who keep pointing out our favorite ride's antiquated ways...

images

I already had red plug wires. I already painted the rear caps with the plasti-dip spray paint and glossifier. They came out pretty good. So I decided to paint the front caps to match.
I didn't do them when I did the rear because at the time I didn't want to tear everything apart to change the wires. So I did just the rears to see if I liked them first.
Then this weekend I went ahead and changed all my hoses to red so being how I had the max apart. I decided to finish up the plug wires and caps.
But all this is a moo point now. It's done.

What typo?
Who cares what a cow thinks.
A cow goes moo.
So it's a moo point.

Seriously?

["Moot point"
Meaning
An irrelevant argument.]

You typed, and apparently thought correct, "moo point". The correct phrase is "moot point". It made me laugh - and gather cow/bull pointing pictures.
Oh, never mind...........

Latest posts

Back