Mileage on me880s?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cliffclaven

Reaction score
What kind of mileage are u guys getting? I have 7k on the front, about the same on the back. They still look good, although the front may be starting to cup a little.

880s have been the best wearing tires I have had on both Vmax and my Magna.
If you don't ride hard, I think you can safely get 15,000 out of them. The rear on a Max may be less though! Honestly, I have yet to wear out my Metzlers I never had cupping on my fronts but have on Avons and Dun"plops" and I'm anal about air pressure.
Since I can get tires mounted and balanced professionally for free, I am going with fast wearing and sticky Shinkos and will just buy new skins more often. Exception is the Drag slick I have on the DragGasser. It's old but I have no idea how to tell its time to replace. It still holds air and not showing any threads!

I got about 8k (kilometers) and my rear tire was worn to fabrics. Front tire is still good, even though my bike has bouncing / tremor issues at low speeds, might be because of that old tire.

I had over 10K miles on my 880s when I sold my VTX. The still looked fine. Like Pat said- if you're right wrist isn't getting sore, you'll get lots of miles out of them.

880s have been the best wearing tires I have had on both Vmax and my Magna.
If you don't ride hard, I think you can safely get 15,000 out of them
. The rear on a Max may be less though! Honestly, I have yet to wear out my Metzlers I never had cupping on my fronts but have on Avons and Dun"plops" and I'm anal about air pressure.
Since I can get tires mounted and balanced professionally for free, I am going with fast wearing and sticky Shinkos and will just buy new skins more often. Exception is the Drag slick I have on the DragGasser. It's old but I have no idea how to tell its time to replace. It still holds air and not showing any threads!

Same here................Except the Magna part...........

my front still going strong on 10k km. might chg it next year.rear would be the same but front tire grips the road some times and makes the rear wear out faster lol
and I mostly drive on chip seal/bsp. ..harder on tires for sure.

Last edited:
When I was doing a 70 mile commute, driving like the old man I am, I put 24,938 miles on the rear ME880. No cords showing, but tread was gone. Put the tire on at 9,680 miles and replaced at 34618. Drove like you should with a Vmax and replaced that tire at 49020 (14,402mi). This tire was just as worn as the first one. Replaced these with Shinko and just replaced again at 53,800 (4,780 mi).

Check air pressure often and the ME880's will last for many miles.

I've got 'em on my Royal Star ( Speedstar ) . It's much heavier but slower by far than the Maxxes. They have lasted much longer than I expected with very little wear. 'Course I don't ride it often either. :rofl_200:

Attachments

• DSC00523.jpg
    DSC00523.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Back