UFO Maxdaddy Wheel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintard

Reaction score
I need a new rear tire and want to upgrade to radials so ive been really eyeballing this wheel guys.

Has anyone, Besides 4gasem tried the maxdaddy wheel? I really like the way it looks. How is the offset on it does it look horrible like some of the others?

chris i know your hatred for ufo but i really really like the way that wheel looks. thats your bike on there website right? i actually like the look better than the C's. What happened give me a brief review man i dont want to have to digg for the old thread.

I need a new rear tire and want to upgrade to radials so ive been really eyeballing this wheel guys.

Has anyone, Besides 4gasem tried the maxdaddy wheel? I really like the way it looks. How is the offset on it does it look horrible like some of the others?

chris i know your hatred for ufo but i really really like the way that wheel looks. thats your bike on there website right? i actually like the look better than the C's. What happened give me a brief review man i dont want to have to digg for the old thread.

Buy the one from Sportmax then! His is almost identical to Jon's.

Beware the wheel weighs about 3-5 pounds MORE than the stocker.

A lot of people don't like the look of the Carrozzeria's but they weigh SO much less than stock that it's worth it IMO.

I personally like the MotoGP look. It gives the Max more of a road burner look.

Chris

never heard of that shawn can i get a link?

i checked out rms sportmax but after the instalation kit, and having to have it powder coated id actually pay more than the ufo. Its also offset 1/8th to the right :(

are the ufo wheels offset too? if so bummer.

thanks a lot shawn,

does anyone know how wide of a tire u can put on a kosman, and what the offset is like?

I have the Kosman 18" rear wheel and I believe you can go up to a 180/55. It is 5.5 inches wide. I put the 170/60 on to be sure there were no clearance problems. It is made from a stock wheel that is cut and bolted to a new, larger 17 or 18 inch rim. Offset "should" be the same as stock.

The wheel is a Kosman 18" rear. It was originally aluminum finish. I had it powdercoated gloss black and added orange stripes as my custom paint is orange. I polished the rotor and wheel bolts and repainted the rotor center in a gloss black hi-temp paint. Added new bearings and seals also.

Attachments

• Vmax Rear Wheel - 1 - Resize.jpg
    Vmax Rear Wheel - 1 - Resize.jpg
    366.1 KB · Views: 201
  • Vmax Rear Wheel - 2 - Resize.jpg
    Vmax Rear Wheel - 2 - Resize.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 146
  • Vmax Rear Wheel - 3 - Resize.jpg
    Vmax Rear Wheel - 3 - Resize.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 170
I have not had any issues with my kosman.I run a 180/55zr17 on it.

Chris not everyone can buy $3000 worth of wheels cause they work for their dad.

Attachments

• brake arm.jpg
    brake arm.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 156
  • brake arm 2.jpg
    brake arm 2.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 189
ZZZZIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGG!

Shawn thats one sexy piece of machinery!

Thanks for the pics guys! Does anyone have one straight on from the back to show of offset? Ur gettin me all hot and bothered over that wheel

LOL... now boys, play nice! :shittystick:

I know a couple here locally with the UFO maxdaddy that have had no issues, They are a little heavier than stock, but the tires are lighter, it's pretty much a wash I think.

The Maxdaddy is just an RC wheel custom cut for UFO, I'm running RC wheels from UFO wheels and am very happy with them.

As for offset, I've never seen any wheel yet for a Vmax stock or aftermarket, that didn't have an offset.

I'm running a 180/55-18 Avon Venom radial on my RC 18"-5.5" with no issues, it has about 3/16" clearance off the swingarm.......

Everyone has thier own budget; we all understand that, but if at all possible I'd wait til you can buy a whole set of wheels, you'll be glad you did.

You can buy a nice set of wheels from just about anybody for 1600-1800 bucks......

Rusty

Attachments

• sporttail4rs.JPG
    sporttail4rs.JPG
    239.5 KB · Views: 163
They are a little heavier than stock, but the tires are lighter, it's pretty much a wash I think.

Nope! I weighed a stocker with 1100 miles on it against the Max Daddy with a 180/55/17 tire and it weighed 3 or so pounds more...:damn angry:

Which is funny because Jon told me on the phone it weighed less than stock.

LOL that wasn't directed towards you!

:rofl_200:

But thanks for letting me know how you really feel Shawn!

Plus if I remember right YOU told me to call Bill and buy these wheels from him... Funny how that works...:rofl_200:

Chris - I went on forged-wheel.com or wherever and they look like about $1800 for the set is that right? If so I'm going to be getting a set over the winter, as they are slick!

I know a couple here locally with the UFO max daddy that have had no issues, They are a little heavier than stock, but the tires are lighter, it's pretty much a wash I think.

The Max daddy is just an RC wheel custom cut for UFO, I'm running RC wheels from UFO wheels and am very happy with them.

As for offset, I've never seen any wheel yet for a Vmax stock or aftermarket, that didn't have an offset.

I'm running a 180/55-18 Avon Venom radial on my RC 18"-5.5" with no issues, it has about 3/16" clearance off the swingarm.......

Everyone has thier own budget; we all understand that, but if at all possible I'd wait til you can buy a whole set of wheels, you'll be glad you did.

You can buy a nice set of wheels from just about anybody for 1600-1800 bucks......

Rusty

Correction these Max daddy wheels are made by Ego trip wheels, in Texas for Jon Cornell, all Jons, wheels are made by Ego Trip.

Back