Longer throttle cables

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martynn

Reaction score
I'm considering putting Triumph T120 US bars on my '98 Max, but think the throttle cables might be the limiting factor.
Then it occurred to me that 1200 Venture cables must be longer than the standard Max ones.
Does anyone now how much longer they are?

Thanks

These guys sell all the materials necessary for you to make your own cables of any length or material They are very helpful.

http://www.flanderscables.com/

This video details how to do it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOICBj0oeOc

I did my own to convert from Harley controls on my bars to the VMax CarbSet in stainless steel.

Depends on how deep you wanna get in.

Attachments

• Max_CablesAtCarb.jpg
    Max_CablesAtCarb.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 26
We do offer custom throttle cables (most chose the braided stainless but plain black can be purchased as well). There is some slack in there for a little longer but not for big rise bars.

Also, keep in mind you may need to reroute electrical stuff and brake lines if you get too much movement.

I think the T120 US bars have about a 6" rise. I've got to get new brake and clutch hoses anyway as they're quite perished, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to change the bars - I find the standard bars a little narrow, and low. I'm getting old!!

Thanks for all the advice.

Here's one we did. Stock vs Harley Bar.
Another change we had to do was the master cylinders. Because of the overall shape of the bar we had to get a master with angled reservoir.

Attachments

• IMG_20130404_161224_537.jpg
    IMG_20130404_161224_537.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20150311_143644_896.jpg
    IMG_20150311_143644_896.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 38
Here's one we did. Stock vs Harley Bar.
Another change we had to do was the master cylinders. Because of the overall shape of the bar we had to get a master with angled reservoir.

Nice bars. I've got about the same rise on mine. So much easier on the back!
Gotta ask tho......does the owner work for Kenworth?
Cheers!

Miles, because of the bike color?

I like the little skull keeping watch for traffic behind you on that bike Sean did.

Those corpulent mufflers would have been more-unobtrusive if they were finished in black.

rdbul, thanks for the link. It's been a long time since I had to do any cables of my own, but that's a great resource.

Yea, we built that exhaust some years ago and super deep tone. We just got done changing to a much smaller muffler that's louder but not deeper. Takes a bit to get used to after seeing the big mufflers on there.

Sean

Oh, and the skull covers up his flag mount. He's a Patriot Guard rider (along with other groups).

Latest posts

Back