DD spring removal

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigIke

Reaction score
So 3 years ago I had an entrapped ulnar nerv... It destroyed my left hand. The clutch on my bike isa little too tight. I will not be racing like Todd... I remember something being said about removing Springs. What all is evolved and which Springs. Thanks y'all

can remove them and out a pcw spring.....pull is lot less but better then stock....

http://vmax.lvlhead.com/tips/clutch.htm

Nope...its easy to do, once you have the cover off, you undo the 6 bolts holding the spring retainer on. Take out the bolts out, take the spring retainer off....and there sit BOTH stock springs (which comprise the main part of the DD mod). So you can take 1 spring off, which will go back to stock, or take both springs off, and go back with the PCW spring which I believe is 35% greater than stock (I think Sean sells them too), and then put it all back together.

Interesting for sure Tom, tks. That solves an issue for Ike and many more. The price isn't bad either if it locks up good. To shift, it looks like you'd have to let off on the throttle. Or, kill the ignition for a nano second. Easily done with an ignatech unit.
Steve-o

If no one buys this I may have to buy it to try out. I am setup with EFM but haven't purchased one for myself or a customer either. Funny thing is another vmax company tried to claim this was their own design lol.

Swapping out to the stock spring is easy as has been noted.

Sean

Yea, that's who I was referring to. Not sure if they actually sell the kit since there was some falling out with EFM and Jon. I'm sure they love making sales so as long as they get paid I am sure they will let them sell the kits. Probably got the emails from EFM on the subject.

I like that autoclutch... There is one on ebay for 200 quid. With i had 200 quid. I think my riding style will allow for a stock clutch. I've watched all Todd's Vmax vids, he is boss! I will never... ever launch this beautiful machine like that!

Going to look into the PCW spring.

I like that autoclutch... There is one on ebay for 200 quid. With i had 200 quid. I think my riding style will allow for a stock clutch. I've watched all Todd's Vmax vids, he is boss! I will never... ever launch this beautiful machine like that!

I'd just use one of those Stock Clutch springs, if you don't ride too hard.
The lever pull will be even lighter than with the PCW Spring and still work just fine.

I've tried my luck at the drag strip, and lord knows how many times I've done burnouts and hotrodded up and down both city streets and the highway. I've managed to get by with the OEM clutch set up for over 28 yrs now. If the plates start slipping this afternoon, I'll be buying another set of OEM's.

A fjr master would make the pull even lighter.

-garrett

dd with fjr as garrett said is best of both worlds.....or I find pcw and stock master good middle ground

I'm using '03 masters. I think there's something strange about the ones for abs.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

03' thru 05' all have the same bore diameter in the clutch master. 14mm
03' is the ONLY year the FJR had a front brake master with 14mm bore
04'-05' FJR front brake masters are 15mm
04'-05' FJR front brake masters for ABS equipped bikes are 16mm.

This was compiled from buying a lot of parts on ebay, different forums and parts fische. I could be wrong though.

I've run oem, fjr, concours, and ZX-14 clutch masters. I like the ZX-14 the best with a DD clutch. It offers the easiest pull and most useful lever travel. It is a radial pump. Not sure what the size is though.

I love you guys... Fellow vmaxxer is selling... I know i know, im too much of a nice guy... LOL

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vmax-1200...pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item43c115d081

Hey Ike haven't you read my post? I was lending you a hand and it seems i was not successful... :ummm:

Latest posts

Back