Continual clutch problems????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chillcool68

Reaction score
hello all, maybe someone can help, clutch lever losing pressure becomes hard to shift, already rebuilt master, replaced fluid, bled system, was working for a couple of months went to ride earlier back to no lever pressure, any ideas?????:bang head:

Does it loose the fluid from the reservoir?

If so and assuming that your M/C re-build was good you will need to check out the slave cylinder.

If not then it is drawing air into the system. I would start by replacing all of the copper washers. Also check that the hexagonal extension to the slave is tight.

Does it loose the fluid from the reservoir?

If so and assuming that your M/C re-build was good you will need to check out the slave cylinder.

If not then it is drawing air into the system. I would start by replacing all of the copper washers. Also check that the hexagonal extension to the slave is tight.

doesnt seem to be losing fluid, put new copper washers on master cylinder, will check slave, is there a rebuild kit for that ???? thanks

doesnt seem to be losing fluid, put new copper washers on master cylinder, will check slave, is there a rebuild kit for that ???? thanks

There is but it's only the seal and dust cover, doesn't come with the spring or piston. If you buy from RonAyers.com, the new slave cylinder is about $70. I went ahead and replaced the whole thing on my bike. I also replaced the clutch line that's on the slave, another $24. Mine was gnarled up pretty bad from someone using a standard open end wrench at some point in it's life.

... was working for a couple of months went to ride earlier back to no lever pressure, any ideas?????:bang head:

doesnt seem to be losing fluid,...

Next time it does this, remove the faux cover (for paint safety), then gently loosen the banjo bolt where the brake line attaches to the handlebar master and bleed it there. See if there isn't an accumulated air bubble waiting to escape when you do.

If this is the case, be sure to top off your handlebar master with enough fluid so that when riding, you are not accidently allowing air to churn into the fluid in the master and be reintroduced into the lines.

I went through a period of time where I would too cautiously add brake fluid at annual changeouts so as to not have any trying to seep out around the air vents in the gaskets up there. On both my Vmax and my Venture Royale, I would have this same thing happening. After I began topping off with a bit deeper brake fluid level in my bikes, this has never happened again.

Look at the clutch slave cylinder. It is behind the motor plate where the foot shift lever is bolt to the motor. If you rebuilt the master cylinder check the slave cylinder. Are you losing any fluid I know in this post you did not state no fluid loss.

well come to find out i had barely any fluid, didn't see any obvious leaks, looks like i will be checking the slave cylinder, may just buy a new one

Don't buy new one rebuild the one you have so long as the piston & housing are in good condition. The rebuild kit is under 30 bucks. If you rebuilt the master cylinder then the slave will not be so hard. See my post in oil weep thread I have picture of the clutch slave cylinder.

Matt

Already purchased a new one. Also thinking about just getting new master cylinders rather not deal with it and just start new

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Funny bought the new cylinder installed damn thing leaks when i try to build pressure, coming from the extension off of the slave that mates with clutch line, I'm at my wits end with this damn clutch

Ps, did use new crush washers......

Latest posts

Back