1300 winter project

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

Finally done after 6 months of thousands of hours and dollars.....LOL. Just need to get it to a dyno and see if I did a good job on building the engine.

It looks Great !!!
I really like the gauges and speedo setup !

Last edited:
It looks very clean, congratulations, a good build, I hope you get the HP you were expecting. I like tangerine colors.

Thanks for the nice comments, the color is pearl sunset orange, it was a little more orange than what I thought but I like the way it turned out. It was an adventure building the paint booth in the garage.
Its running really good, it almost spit me off the back twice and if it wasnt for the backrest it would have. Need to have a good solid hold on the handlebar when I get on it LOL. According to my air fuel gauge it is good until after 65 and then I looks like it leans out some. Enough that I think I need to take the 155 jets out and go with the 157.5 mains. Ill take it out on the interstate this weekend and find out. SD change the speed limit to 80 so coming back down to that isnt so bad when opening it up. My step son in law used to drive crotch rockets and when he drove it he said its that fastest bike he has ever sat on.

This I think is my final setup with the Morley jet kit.
160 mains
170 paj
Needle third clip from blunt end
Air screws three turns out.

Air fuel gauge shows:

12.5 at idle
12.5 to 13.7 to about 30
12.8 to 13.5 at 55
13.1 at 65
13.4 at 80 stays pretty close to that at 90

Slight surging at the bottom end yet, might play with the mixture screws yet.

Found my surging problem, I have the Ross high compression pistons and they dome to the center of the piston. PO of the heads must have milled them some when he ported and polished them because the top center of the piston was pushing the electrode strap shut on two cylinders. Thanks goes to Sean for the visit we had about the problem and options for a fix.
The fix was to index the plugs so that the strap ran perpendicular to the center line of the dome on the piston. The stock spark plugs are extended reach plugs and I tried a non extended reach plug in the same heat range and no way! It ran like crap.

Also after trying to fix the surging by swaping jets around I am back to 150 mains. Air fuel gauge is at 13.5 to 14.5 most of the time.

Widowmaker....... Flat goes like nothing I ever rode. It's smooth and the throttle is crisp at all rpms and loads. When the vboost kicks in its like the after burner of a jet. And with all that if I stay out of the vboost it will get in the high 30's and low 40's for gas mileage.

What kind of cost would be involved to build a motor like this? Just ballpark figures. Ive been thinking about building a high comp 1300. Havent found a good block for it yet though.

Sorry didn't see your post, just off the top of my head,,,,,,I say I have roughly $3000 in the motor. Don't tell my wife or I'll be sleeping with the damn thing..........LOL and if I am off on that figure it would be lower than actual..

Latest posts

Back