Steering damper

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVxNitemare

Reaction score
Guys for Christmas this year I'm asking for the hyper pro active steering damper. Anyone know who sells them?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Guys for Christmas this year I'm asking for the hyper pro active steering damper. Anyone know who sells them?

First time I have ever heard of such a thing. What is the purpose, and how do they mount?

Helps to keeping the front end from having a tank slapper.

I've often wondered why those OEM-installed screw-down dampers went out of style. They worked dandy, as I recall.
Hmmmmm- do you think a V-Max could be retrofitted to use one??:ummm:
Cheers!

Yes, works pritty good:biglaugh:

If you dont mind me asking....could you tell a difference all of the time...or only at high speeds. Did the bike feel more stable overall (and this is assuming that you didnt have issues with steering head bearings...etc)?

If you dont mind me asking....could you tell a difference all of the time...or only at high speeds. Did the bike feel more stable overall (and this is assuming that you didnt have issues with steering head bearings...etc)?
I did the furbur fix & got the best damper I could find after going through a frightening high speed tank slapper. My Max is much more stable now.Works great at high speed.The only time it wobbles, is when my front tire is wearing out but it's just a little.:biglaugh:

I just looked at your pics....It looks like your still running bias ply tires too.

Yeah I thought about that one but like the way the hyperpro mounts and the money isn't coming out of my pocket so....

Back