Douche Move? branded leathers.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LMAO I have a pair of HD boots as well. Removed as much HD embellishment as I could though.
I wear an HD spinner FULL WIDE OPEN buckle. The ladies love to spin at it like the Wheel of Fortune... see where they land, and their luck takes them.

Attachments

• WFO.png
    WFO.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 13
The local H-D shop, years-ago, advertised, "bring in your old leather jacket and we'll give you XX off (I forget, but it was a good enough deal to make me go) on a new in-stock jacket." I cut-out the ad, stuffed it into a pocket, and rode over to the H-D dealer in Ft. Lauderdale.

I took with me an old leather jacket, not armored because that wasn't invented yet. I looked thru the store's inventory, and selected a nice traditional 1950's style black motorcycle jacket, the kind w/the diagonal zipper, and an integral belt just at your hips, w/a chrome square buckle. I took my purchase up to the counter, and put my trade-in next to it.

The sales woman rang it up, and, 'no discount!' I pulled out my ad, showed her the copy, and demanded the discount. She pointed to the inside collar of the new jacket I had selected, and said, "that's a Harley Davidson jacket, no discount on those!" I pointed out that there was nothing on the ad which said, "H-D branded jackets aren't included in the sale." Still no sale. I picked up my jacket and split. I haven't tried to do business there since.

LMAO I have a pair of HD boots as well. Removed as much HD embellishment as I could though.
I wear an HD spinner FULL WIDE OPEN buckle. The ladies love to spin at it like the Wheel of Fortune... see where they land, and their luck takes them.

I actually like my boots, and you can't even see the Harley emblem because my pants cover it.
And I think I need a belt buckle like yours to go with my boots ! :thumbs up:

Hope there's nobody wearing SOA items though.
I've seen a few older guys with Sons of Arthritis shirts. :biglaugh:

I love these answers, in all varieties not once did anyone tell anyome what they should do, so let me be the first. NO SOA gear, I forbid it! Haha.

There is very sound rational to hi-vis gear, Im not a fan of flashy graphics but I think ill take a look at whats available now. I stopped drinking the HD Kool-Aid back in the 90s when I started to see the significant shift in the whole culture. It got seriously wattered down when the bike build shows put it where Joe Q Public could get it. No longer a counterculture it has become heartbreakingly mainstream. Combine that with the vastly superior Euro and Asian bikes hitting the market and its a no brainer. I still know a couple on HD and I jest that they need to have the HD emblem jacket so that when we see it we know to get on the brakes. I got a 5lb bag of rice for my birthday from them one year for my CB350. I am a huge believer in free enterprise and believe anyone should buy and wear and ride whatever they want, but I still get to make jokes where applicable. I really like how this group thinks and im glad to be here.

I concur. Ride and wear what you like.
There's a saying... KISS... Keep It Simple Smartguy (or gal)
Whatever you wear... just try and not match with your man crush that you ride with that day.

Wear what you want do what you want & screw all the other posers . I agree with a different brand jacket may mean you have multiple bikes. I hate to say not to much is made here any more & I have HD riders give me crap about Jap crap being a HD certified tech I tell let them know that is they got rid of all the jap crap off there bike they would have 20 % of a bike left. I then tell them to look at the china tag on there 60 dollar t shirt people don't like facts. Oh well the truth hurts

I brought her home today proudly wearing the T jacket. It will look like a match to those that cant read. This is going to be a great season!!

Attachments

• DSCN0604.JPG
    DSCN0604.JPG
    262 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Back