Vmax raffle ( Maybe )

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know not everyone is on face book but John has been trying to to this for a good cause with not much response so I am posting it here. So far if he don't get at least half the donations by Monday its going to be cancled.

Craig Hetherington, a VMAX 'bud', died suddenly early last month,...& not only left behind a couple motorcycles,...MOST IMPORTANTLY, he left an 11yo daughter as well...I have been tasked with selling his 2 motorcycles, one of which is a 1995 VMAX, & it has been brought to my attention that a raffle might be the best way to get the MAX benefit for his daughter,...& since the VMAX 30th Anniversary celebration at 'Thunder in the Valley' is fast approaching, that might be the bes...t time/place to do this...(would not have to be present to win, but would have to arrange for delivery...I CAN help with that if needed...)I have never done anything like this before, so any & all help/advice would really be appreciated...!!!
*** Pics of the bike are posted-'Blue Bayou' 1995 ***
Tickets will be able to be purchased online (PayPal 'personal' payment-no fee-or with a credit card-3% surcharge) or paid with US Postal M/O. When we get a payment, we will tear off ticket(s) & put them in a bucket, as well as filling out the ticket stub & keeping the contact info in a notebook...$20 ticket, 5 (If anyone would like to see their stub, I can take a pic of the stub & text, e-mail, or FaceBook message it to them...)
As long as the minimum of 200 tickets is reached,

the bike will be raffled off on Saturday, June 27th if enough tickets are sold if not it will be at a later date.
at the 30th Anniversary VMAX celebration
at 'Thunder in the Valley' rally
(HOPING to have Aubrey Hetherington pull the winning ticket for us...!!!)
Get your tickets TODAY,
& THANK YOU in advance!!!
John Furbur
RMSportMax
610-509-VMAX(8629)
PS. I have given this some thought, (kept me awake...)
& I think the best way to do this would just be to make a 'donation',
with the understanding that ticket(s) will be pulled in your name accordingly...

Payment info below

'Personal' PayPal payments please
('family & friends'-no fees between PayPal accounts)
Credit cards can be accepted thru PayPal as well, in increments of $26. or $103. (covers the fees)
Address for PayPal: ggstarlite@comcast net
***PLEASE***
Put "Aubrey" & your name & contact info in the Notes section,
so we know what the payment is for, & who it is from...
We will be accepting cash 'donations' at 'Thunder'...
(& giving out tickets to those donors as well!!!)
If ANYONE has ANY questions, PLEASE CALL: 610-509-VMAX(8629)

See More

Attachments

• raffle bike 1.jpg
    raffle bike 1.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 39
  • raffle bike 2.jpg
    raffle bike 2.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 39
  • raffle bike 5.jpg
    raffle bike 5.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 41
  • raffle bike 6.jpg
    raffle bike 6.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 45
  • raffle bike 7.jpg
    raffle bike 7.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 34
  • raffle bike 8.jpg
    raffle bike 8.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 41
  • raffle bike 9.jpg
    raffle bike 9.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 29
  • raflle bike 3.jpg
    raflle bike 3.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Ok I just got off the phone with John Furbur . Its hard to please everyone but I did have a couple people mention $ 20 ticket would be better than 25. 5 bucks means a lot to some people. Lets do 20 bucks a ticket & run with this but the drawing may not be held at thunder it still will not be done until enough tickets are sold . The bike will be there from my understanding for people to look at. I will also have a donation jar for the people that dont have or don't want to spend 20 buck if you have a dollar every dollar helps lets help this little girl all we can !!!

Also I have done tons of benefits for people this is all new to John so I am trying to help out all I can. I will do a silent auction Friday night at the swap meet If any one has items they would like to donate rather it be a tshirt a vmax part you cant use but please make it something worthwhile of bidding on just let me know I will be there Thursday evening to collect items if people want to donate something if not I guess no auction

My wonderful wife told me I could buy something for Thor (my 1994 Vmax) for Father's Day :clapping: , then I saw the post about this raffle and the about his daughter having her first Father's Day without her dad and it broke me up. So I just set $103 via paypal for 5 tickets. If I win, then Thor will have a younger sibling to keep him company, If I don't win (most likely) the money will still go to a great cause. If the raffle does not happen, I'd like the family to keep the money because I know it will be put to good use. While it's not shiny or chrome it's still the best Father's Day gift I could get myself.

Doug

My wonderful wife told me I could buy something for Thor (my 1994 Vmax) for Father's Day :clapping: , then I saw the post about this raffle and the about his daughter having her first Father's Day without her dad and it broke me up. So I just set $103 via paypal for 5 tickets. If I win, then Thor will have a younger sibling to keep him company, If I don't win (most likely) the money will still go to a great cause. If the raffle does not happen, I'd like the family to keep the money because I know it will be put to good use. While it's not shiny or chrome it's still the best Father's Day gift I could get myself.

Doug

Thanks !

Doug

Really cool Thanks ! I am determined to make the raffle work it may not be at Thunder but I am pushing it. John has never done anything like this & I have done lots of benefits so I am doing what I can to help him & make it work.

I've just posted a translation of this topic on our Vmax forum here in the Netherlands. Hopefully they'll buy some tickets too. I will......, that's for sure!

And yes GA-MAX, like Kyle said....., what you just did was really cool!!

Latest posts

Back