New Tires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The shinkos that are used are the shinko tourmaster 230's.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

All I have ever run on my bike is Avon Vemoms, well until now. I just put a Avon AM 26 roadmaster on the front.. I hope is as good of a tire. With shipping thru Dennis Kirk was under $100....

Last I checked, Avon no longer offers the Venoms in the larger size I prefer on my ride. They have the Cobra tires, which I will be trying out next time I need new tires.

What size Roadmaster did you place on the front, and what size Venom you have on the back wheel?

Just be careful on wet roads with those Avon Venoms, from what I remember they did not do well in the rain.

Actually, I HAVE ridden in the rain with the Venoms, and they did just fine. A LOT better than the Dunlop chewed up condoms it was wearing when I got her.
That's good to hear.
I just remember that they slid around a lot more than the Michelin Macadam 50's (which aren't made anymore) on wet roads when I tried them out.
And yes that rear Dunlop is way too hard for our Bike unless all you ride is straight roads OR really like doing burnouts. :D

Is there a tire on the max that does? lol
They're radials, but the Metzler Interact series is incredible in the rain. I've gone back to the z6 after trying the z8's last season. I have never broke traction in the rain yet with them. There are no weights or beads in my front tire this time. I got my first one that balanced. Usually they require little weight. Good quality and prices. The front was $110 on sale. They come in different letter configurations a-g. I got the one for the FJR.
The OEM Dunlops are widow makers even on dry pavement-be careful. Best bet is to smoke then bald and ditch them. Shinko's are well worth the money for bia ply tires. I ran a couple of sets before finding wheels for radials. I'd get about a season from Shinko's. The Metzlers I get a little more.

Back