Handle bars seem to out of line?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigJimi

Reaction score
I have notice that when I riding the handle bar seems to be pulled back more on the right side, when I have the bike on a rear stand if I move the bars straight the front tire slightly turns to the left:bang head: Is it possible for the handle bar risers to have moved and need to be adjusted back? Anyone else ever have this issue?

Thank you

Have you checked the fit of the forks in the clamps? Are they both even with the top bracket? Maybe if one has slipped even a couple of millimetres it would cause a twist possibly. I doubt it would be the riser itself, its just bolted through fixed holes. Maybe the handle bars are just bent, has it fallen?

Matt

There's a procedure for tightening the pinch bolts for the handlebars, the triple trees, and the front axle, along w/the steering stem. Doing it systematically will lessen the possibility of issues like yours.

It's common for a dropped bike to have a tweak in the bars, better to bend a bar than to damage an expensive suspension component or to bend the chassis. You could go to Computrak to have your chassis checked.

Have you checked the fit of the forks in the clamps? Are they both even with the top bracket? Maybe if one has slipped even a couple of millimetres it would cause a twist possibly. I doubt it would be the riser itself, its just bolted through fixed holes. Maybe the handle bars are just bent, has it fallen?

Matt

When the shadow I had went down, one of the risers was tweaked off center slightly. I removed the bars, loosened the tweaked riser a bit, and gave it a couple rotations. When I put it back on, everything was straight again.

Does the V-Max's riser bolts pass through rubber grommets? That would allow it enough play if the bars were knocked hard at some point.

Yes I bought it used and the front brake lever did have a small scuff mark on the ball. I think it may have been dropped, I replaced the bars, I will check the forks and triple tree, hopefully tomorrow.

Thank you!!!

Good luck, Jim. Hopefully, that will fix things. How closely have you eyeballed the old bars? If you look closely, you may be able to tell if the bars themselves have been bent any.

Well I checked the forks and found the right fork tube was up higher then the other on, fixed that but haven't ridden it yet.

Thanks again

Latest posts

Back