Best handling combo for 17 rear 18 front?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the tires are ordered. Ill be sure to keep updated on how i feel about them after a week or so!

Unless you are running an aftermarket rear rim or a modded rear rim, the comparison will not be of much use.

Any update on the new shoes? I'm looking for some input, as I will be needing some new tires soon.

I'm back!! From the dead!! Haha not really I just totally forgot about this...

So the reason I forgot to update this is because my vmax rides so awesome I forgot to! The 120/70ZR18 front and 180/55ZR17 rear is un-freaking-believable. This bike handles like my R6 but has 3 times the torque. I've since done some other mods, but I'm about 1000 miles into these tires, and I got a good deal so I have another front and rear in the garage ready and waiting and when these are worn I will put these on again with no hesitation at all.

Any one who says the Vmax is a poor handling bike, I'd love to hit the twisties with them on my max :) :)

Yes it's a brake light/license plate combo, I'm still on the fence about it, safety is my biggest concern, I like to be visible, but it does the job, and cleans up the rear with the rear inner fender removed.

Be happy to get you some better pics of the setup and mount if you'd like.

Or even an LED in place of the rear reflector under the grab rail.
I used a 60 LED cat eye on mine because I didn't like the fact that the CBR tail light mod wasn't very visible during the day.
But I saw a few with the CBR tail light mod and the LED light where the reflector goes and they were a lot more visible.

I have the LED instead of the reflector below the grabrail, and it REALLY gets peoples attention behind you.

I followed someone for a bit, and they had the smoked CBR tail light mod on their Vmax, and during the bright sun, there were times it could be hard to see.

I have the LED instead of the reflector below the grabrail, and it REALLY gets peoples attention behind you.

I followed someone for a bit, and they had the smoked CBR tail light mod on their Vmax, and during the bright sun, there were times it could be hard to see.

All great ideas!

I have often thought of putting an LED in this spot, and tie it into the brake side of the tag/light combo. Even have one of those flashing ones that blink rapidly then stay solid.

Would you guys be so kind as to post a pic of your LED setups below the grab bar, be greatly appreciated!

All great ideas!

I have often thought of putting an LED in this spot, and tie it into the brake side of the tag/light combo. Even have one of those flashing ones that blink rapidly then stay solid.

Would you guys be so kind as to post a pic of your LED setups below the grab bar, be greatly appreciated!
Check out Dmann999's

Yes it does.

Even the clear lensed CBR lights were really hard to see during the day.
I really like the way those lights look on a Vmax style wise But I just couldn't bring myself to put a light on that was almost invisible during the day.
Back when I was in College in NC, a friend of mine was killed because a car hit him from behind when he was braking.
The driver of the car said he just didn't see the tail light and that has stayed with me through the years.

Here's mine. I still have the stock light below it, but that will change sometime in the future.

Attachments

• user8061_pic8999_1397329478_thumb.jpg
    user8061_pic8999_1397329478_thumb.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 17
Yes it does.

Even the clear lensed CBR lights were really hard to see during the day.
I really like the way those lights look on a Vmax style wise But I just couldn't bring myself to put a light on that was almost invisible during the day.
Back when I was in College in NC, a friend of mine was killed because a car hit him from behind when he was braking.
The driver of the car said he just didn't see the tail light and that has stayed with me threw the years.

I understand. I still have the stock Vmax brake light, and I have LEDS in that as well. I want people to see me when I hit the brakes.

All great ideas!

I have an LED cat eye in the stock location.
I didn't add an LED to the reflector location because mine is a Lot brighter than the stock light on it's own.

attachment.php

But a lot of guys use a 4" LED trailer light (from walmart or similar)
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showpost.php?p=245628&postcount=7
or the LED light bars from CustomDynamics:
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showpost.php?p=355586&postcount=11
http://www.customdynamics.com/knight_rider_led_light_bar.htm

Attachments

• 60-LED_cateye-tail-light.jpg
    60-LED_cateye-tail-light.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 52
I used to have three custom dynamics knight rider lights to replace the stock taillight but last summer I replaced it with a Joker Machine lucas style led unit. It works great and has a license plate light since I didn't have one. I retained one knight rider light that flashes 5 time before going solid and is mounted just underneath. I also have a custom reflector led light that another member had made which functions as an taillight and brake light. I don't have a great picture of the setup in brake mode but I do have one in a sunlit and one in an overcast setting.

Attachments

• IMG_2398.jpg
    IMG_2398.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2334.jpg
    IMG_2334.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 17
I've been looking for a duel running/brake light for a reflector replacement. I'm using the Walmart LED as a running light now. I switched to the clear CBR a while ago. I have a smoked set up if anyone wants it for shipping only. Like Dennis mentioned, it's not visible enough in bright sun light. Best used for setting up a CBR. I cut a few inches off my inner fender and siliconed it in. You can't pull it off without breaking it. Some get rid of the inner fender all together, but it keeps the wiring neat and protected.
Steve

Latest posts

Back