"What's Behind Door#4?"

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95spfldmax

Reaction score
I've got antifreeze leaking from the "freeze plug" on bank# 4 (front-right). This is the one behind the spark plug, up a little higher.

Has anyone.......Sean......LOL........taken the motor apart in this area? The microfiche for this area looked unclear when I looked at it whether or not there is an o-ring under there. Or anything else like maybe head bolts hiding? Just wondering if I need to order an o-ring before I take it apart....................otherwise i'm thinking plumbers tape..................

The one with an 8mm allen? It's been awhile since i took one out?

Sean

There's one out front of the spark plug. But i'm leaking at the one behind the spark plug. It could be 8mm but their both the same size.

I've got antifreeze leaking from the "freeze plug" on bank# 4 (front-right). This is the one behind the spark plug, up a little higher.

Has anyone.......Sean......LOL........taken the motor apart in this area? The microfiche for this area looked unclear when I looked at it whether or not there is an o-ring under there. Or anything else like maybe head bolts hiding? Just wondering if I need to order an o-ring before I take it apart....................otherwise i'm thinking plumbers tape..................

If it's a thread leaking, I'd use high temp. silicone Mike. Not sure vinyl tape would stand up.

Back