Coolant Drain Valve

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D-Max2012

Reaction score
Is there anyway to repair the stock drain petcock valve? I have a 91 and the PO did not care for the bike properly, so this has been a work in progress.
No matter where I turn this, it still drips coolant after the bike has cooled down. I see that there is a little mark on the housing. I turned it to the OFF position, but it still leaks after the engine has cooled.
Bleed Plug problem.jpg

If I remember right, there are O-rings around the petcock, but hopefully other people will chime in and confirm this.

It feels like there is some type of rubber resistance when you turn the valve. I was wondering the same thing.. If there is, how would you go about replacing the rubbers? I wonder if the valve assembly pulls out from the housing, because turning it does nothing but rotate.

GREAT information..
Thanks guys.
I found that thread.
I just happen to have the same set of O-rings that another person fixed their drain valve with.
Now I know how to remove the valve and replace the o-ring. COOOOOOOL :eusa_dance:

I had this same problem with Skullduggery and my Dodge at the same time. Both were fixed by replacing the O-Rings.

Don't mess with it.... I tried and nothing good came of it. Buy the whole assembly. Not too bad in price

G

Latest posts

Back