Rectifier Regulator WIRING question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haggisbashr941

Reaction score
so i replace my valve covers and painted my bike.. i took a lot off and have one problem i can solve..
The rect/regualtor located on the left side of the bike...
Can anyone tell me how the wiring is supposed to go? I wired a line to the battery to the assembly and ave another wire that was just hanging and Im supposing that is connected to the positive terminal... I traced it to the + terminal..... I tried connecting the two wires to the rect assembly and it sparked A LOT.. So I know its not right? Can anyone help?? Thanks!

or, if someone can just let me know where their wires are going to... Pics would be cool too...
I cant find any diagram on it, and my online manual isnt loading.. Thanks

Can you post a pic? A lot of times an extra ground was added to the old style R/R body. The rest should just plug in, unless plugs were cut out and removed because of corrosion. If this is the case we can go from there after a pic. Welcome to the forum.
Steve

The red wire goes to the + battery, the black goes to the - battery, the three yellow's go to the stator.

A '91 has the old style R/R that may not have a black wire and is instead grounded through it's mounting.

Reviving old thread.

The previous owner cut and spliced the 3 yellow wires, eliminating the connector. Now I would like to replace the R/R, but the newer R/R has 3 white wires with the connector. So how do I know which white wire splices to which yellow wire?

Latest posts

Back