85 Max relay

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That reminds me, if it goes through Danny's hands it should have a fresh set of carbs on it before it reaches you. Perhaps if travels by way of PCW, it can get a Tourmaster upgrade too. A boy can dream can't he!

No offence Danny is a good guy & good at what he does. But I am a tech for a living & people pay me to do carbs all the time why would I pay some one else to do carbs ? The PCW is out to since I want this bike as original as I can get it.

I can do carbs too, but I still pay Danny to do them. Why? My time and aggravation are not worth the money, not to mention my big fat fingers! LOL. I've rebuilt many kinds of carbs, but I still farm out that work, just because I can I guess. I've got a guy that does my VMAX carbs (Danny), my big ZL carbs (Rick West), and my V65 carbs (Billy Carr). I also won't do paint and/or upholstery! :biglaugh:

I can do carbs too, but I still pay Danny to do them. Why? My time and aggravation are not worth the money, not to mention my big fat fingers! LOL. I've rebuilt many kinds of carbs, but I still farm out that work, just because I can I guess. I've got a guy that does my VMAX carbs (Danny), my big ZL carbs (Rick West), and my V65 carbs (Billy Carr). I also won't do paint and/or upholstery! :biglaugh:

Carbs are a walk in the park & I have been painting for years. I have people that pay me to do both all the time . I have been even thinking about learning upholstery to.

The qty of work you can get done compared to the qty coming in will dictate many times what even the most skilled of craftsmen can do. If I tried to do EVERYTHING that came into the shop (which I am capable of) the amount of people I could take care of would be diminished considerably.

The qty of work you can get done compared to the qty coming in will dictate many times what even the most skilled of craftsmen can do. If I tried to do EVERYTHING that came into the shop (which I am capable of) the amount of people I could take care of would be diminished considerably.

To each there own the key is only take in what you can do. I just would rather keep it small & do stuff myself. My best friend did come by every 2-3 weeks & help out if I got backed up on Harley work but even that was not to often.

I was mainly doing service work & some painting that was where the money was at in Florida if you knew the right people which I did.

Back