I think this is a problem....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's exatly what it sounds like, but it holds strong until the motor backfires.

Sounds like I should clean everything up in the area either way. At least I know the oil coming out of the filter isn't flammable now :eusa_dance:
Oil is flammable!!!

To be honest I think it's overflowing with oil as well, I think the previous owner put in a whole quart more than was called for...

Once I get that dealt with and clean the tubing/replace the crankcase vent filter I'd imagine most of that will go away

Did you ever hear of that guy that landed on the airplane in detroit with a bomb in his underwear?
My friend you have the same setup!!!

LOL, not saying it won't burn but it's not nearly as easy to light off as a fuel derivative (processed oil lol). Plus, unless there is a loose connection then that battery could be submersed in fuel and not be a problem.

Sorry sean but all i am saying is i would encourage this guy at all means to take this battery away from where it is to stop any and all hazards from blowing up in his face or anyone around it.

I'm sorry but that looks to me like the most dangerous photo i have ever seen on this site.

I'm sorry but that looks to me like the most dangerous photo i have ever seen on this site.

If anyone has a spare battery that will fit the stock slot I'll pay for shipping :D

I'd like to move it for safety but I'm next to broke right now xD

The MVA hit me with a $190 charge for the title transfer and tags :bang head:

To be honest I think it's overflowing with oil as well, I think the previous owner put in a whole quart more than was called for...

Once I get that dealt with and clean the tubing/replace the crankcase vent filter I'd imagine most of that will go away

Once you put everything back to stock....carbs...airbox....etc....you wont have to worry about it blowing from the crankcase filter.....because there isnt a crankcase filter anymore.

Wel if I get rid of the vgas I'm definitely going to replace it with either stage 7 or Morley's because of the exhaust system

I'm still trying to figure out why the PO modded the bike like that? What was the benefit?

Award for Most Creative and Bizzare Mod with a useless gain in function or purpose I've ever seen done to a Vmax and I've seen some bad shit since 85!
This just reminds me when buying a Vmax to pop off the airbox cover just in case. Holy hell man, better you than me but an easy fix to get it back to normal.

Latest posts

Back