How-to: Pea Shooter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well done sonoran! thumbs up. good idea with a video how-to. you can capture more detail this way.

Thanks! Is it good enough to make public? Just wanted to make sure here first. You guys are experts lol

Thanks! Is it good enough to make public? Just wanted to make sure here first. You guys are experts lol

Great work. You should upload it to the video section of this forum.

My first time doing anything to a carb besides setting the idle

Couldnt find a video on YouTube on this, so I made one. It is unlisted as of right now, I want to know if I did everything correctly, or if I need to include anything extra before I make it available for public

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xItRzty9_hA

You can also add 1ounce per gallon of seafoam which is a fuel system cleaner and will take care of the whole fuel system.I use it and it works great .I also put it in my last tank before I put it away for the season.

Excellent Video !!!!
I didn't see any steps missing, I'd say it's perfect.
I watched it a while back and forgot to leave a comment.

Ok, couple of things:

- when you drill the brass plugs out, it's best to have a stopper mounted on the drill to make sure you don't hit the A/F screws with the drill bit - or at least make sure to warn about that in the video.

- when you have drilled the brass plugs out, the FIRST thing to do is to screw each A/F screw carefully and gently all the way in while counting the turns, and record that number for each one. That tells you how they were set from the factory, and I think it's a good record to have, as they can't be set right without the right equipment such as an exhaust sniffer.

Other than that you got it spot on - great help for anyone who hasn't done it before.

Another suggestion (for future vids) is to get yourself a head-mounted flashlight, that way you can hold your cam in one hand while working with the other, for more detailed recording of what you're doing, for example when spraying inside the carbs.

And the last suggestion is to get yourself one of those superbright halogen floodlights for your garage, as that's invaluable in recording great video.

So, well done! It's awesome to have a video rather than just piccies/instructions.

its a lot easier to to just remove the entire airbox. then you can see and get to the jets a LOT easier:biglaugh:......just a suggestion.

So I guess there's no danger of messing up the coasting enrichener diaphragms. That's what I was worried about. I think I'm gonna do this tomorrow when I get home.

Also... How did I never see this EXCELLENT video??!!?! Of all the things I've done and all the time I've spent on here, you'd think I would have seen it. Great job.

Latest posts

Back