UFO Maxdaddy Wheel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another revival one !
I'd like to buy the maxdaddy 17" but looking at this thread, it looks like UFO is not the best company to do business with...
Any recent experience with these guys from members of the forum ?
Do they still make the 5.5 or just the 6.25.
Could I get the maxdaddy elsewhere ?
Any other wheel options in 17" with the stock swing arm ?
I'm not into the "racing look" with my vmax. I'd like to keep the original spirit, so no RC wheels for me.
Thanks for your help !
I had the Max Daddy rear wheel on my bike in a 17" , ran a 180/55-17 had no problems once the wheel was fixed ! Had to send it back twice there was a problem with the center hub not being machined down to the correct size to fit properly , ran the stock front wheel . Once the rear was fixed and fitted on the bike I loved them , it is a little heavier then stock but I got the handling of having Radials on the Beast and this was by far the biggest improvement to the bike after setting up the suspension . This was 6 yrs. ago so I do not know how dealing with UFO is now back then my wheel was powder coated Gloss black to match the front and cost was just over $1,000.00 , Jon refunded me money for all the shipping B.S. due to the problems with the wheel but it still took almost 3 months to get done , so if you can get it done by some one else either John at RMS or Sean at Morely's Muscle I would go that route . Both Top Quality vendors and Good guys to deal with . Just my .2 cents Kurt

The RC's did offer the OEM pattern but was discontinued last year. I got the final one in stock some months back and painted it black for a customer. They are VERY heavy. I don't know if UFO has someone else doing the wheel now for them. I know where the blanks are provided from and then the hub and adapters would need to be made. I have not asked RC if I could buy the hubs only and have our NC guys cut the pattern into the wheel ourselves?

Sean

For a 17" X 6" wheel, should there be an offset or can it be centered? If it needs offset, how-much for that size? With that size, (17" X 6") what would be the max. size tire to run w/no offset, and a stock swingarm? How much of an increaase in tire size could you gain using the stock swingarm if you ran an offset and how much offset?

I am thinking a centered 17" X 6" should easily fit a 170/60, possibly a 180/55, and maybe a 3mm offset to fit a 190/50? What say you?

The RC's did offer the OEM pattern but was discontinued last year. I got the final one in stock some months back and painted it black for a customer. They are VERY heavy. I don't know if UFO has someone else doing the wheel now for them. I know where the blanks are provided from and then the hub and adapters would need to be made. I have not asked RC if I could buy the hubs only and have our NC guys cut the pattern into the wheel ourselves?

Sean

I think that would be a great idea....so that way you could selectively take some weight off, so they wouldnt be THAT heavy, and would be an alternative to the stock wheel. I know that you only have a couple of the carra's left.

For a 17" X 6" wheel, should there be an offset or can it be centered? If it needs offset, how-much for that size? With that size, (17" X 6") what would be the max. size tire to run w/no offset, and a stock swingarm? How much of an increaase in tire size could you gain using the stock swingarm if you ran an offset and how much offset?

I am thinking a centered 17" X 6" should easily fit a 170/60, possibly a 180/55, and maybe a 3mm offset to fit a 190/50? What say you?

I dont know about a 17 but my 18 RC wheel is 5.5, runs a 180/55, and is offset about 1/4 to 1/3 of an inch to the right.

Yes that stands to reason as the 18" wheel is taller, sits further into the swingarm, and thus needs either a smaller tire or an offset to work w/the stock swingarm.

Thanks for the data, who knows about the 17"?

I dont know about a 17 but my 18 RC wheel is 5.5, runs a 180/55, and is offset about 1/4 to 1/3 of an inch to the right.

My 17" runs a 200 tyre.
I was planning to notch the arm but swapped for an fjr arm.
The offset was spot on on mine...string line and by measurement.

17" by 5.5 with a 180/55 tire. Kosman bolt together. Zero offset, stock swing arm. Not enough room for a 190 without some offset to the right. I think it's doable,no offset, if the swing arm was notched a little over a millimeter.

17" by 5.5 with a 180/55 tire. Kosman bolt together. Zero offset, stock swing arm. Not enough room for a 190 without some offset to the right. I think it's doable,no offset, if the swing arm was notched a little over a millimeter.

Thank-you for the info.

Latest posts

Back