center rear wheel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramingspeed

Reaction score
I've found lots of info on moving wheel to the right with washer swap.Is it possible to move the wheel to the left with a larger washer on the right? I have a 150 tire and more interested in centering the rear wheel from the factory offset than going to a larger tire.

Nope. the splined crown on the wheel/final drive will not allow unless you mess with the swinger. that factory offset has a purpose, its not a deffect.

thanks wild weasel,my first max and noticed like all do eventually that the wheel is offset quite a bit from the factory.Are the holes that hold the pumpkin a snug fit or is there any room to push the pumpkin slightly to the left?

There's a collar on the pumpkin and a ridge inside the swingarm. There's also no room to move the holes the pumpkin bolts to.

thanks guys,maybe Ill move the license plate to the right a little, to trick my symetrical brain....:hmmm:

thanks guys,maybe Ill move the license plate to the right a little, to trick my symetrical brain....:hmmm:

You can loosen the bolts that hold the fender in place, and then move the fender, and tighten the bolts back up.

Nope. the splined crown on the wheel/final drive will not allow unless you mess with the swinger. that factory offset has a purpose, its not a deffect.

What is the purpose? I thought that getting the wheels aligned wiuld be better!

You can get a second adjustable pivot bolt and get some adjustment out of it. But, the offset should be to the left and needs to be moved to the right. The wider wheels from the aftermarket are generally offset to the right and need to be moved left to be ideal (which is what we do with the offset extended swingarm).

As far as the dual adjustable pivot. Look under the frame and you'll see a small gap on one side of the arm where the bushings in the seals have room to move back and forth. It will make more sense to you once you get under there and look.

It's not going to be a big deal for handling though either way for the stock wheel.

Sean

You can loosen the bolts that hold the fender in place, and then move the fender, and tighten the bolts back up.

Yes i did this trick and the offset license plate too ;)

Better looking now...

Got a second pivot and special bearings, just need time to remove all the stuff..

Bearings in the arm are the same. You just need the pivot bolt and jamb nut. $15 with postage to most places while I have extra used ones on hand.

22mm is highly suspect. MAYBE when you include the adjustable pivot you can get that much. But you can only gain so much before you either hit the arm metal on the pivot area (which can be ground down I suppose) OR you hit the driveshaft to the inner wall of the swingarm.

thanks Sean,
got it today,super fast shipping!
took all of 5 mins to swap and shift arm 3/16" to the left.
perfect!..:eusa_dance:

22mm is highly suspect. MAYBE when you include the adjustable pivot you can get that much. But you can only gain so much before you either hit the arm metal on the pivot area (which can be ground down I suppose) OR you hit the driveshaft to the inner wall of the swingarm.

Yes it is with left pivot, and i think it is a bit optimistic too...

There isn't 22mm space on the left of the swingarm and the driveshaft will hit the swingarm before!

But this bearing allow to supress the bush/spacer so this is a little improvement.

Latest posts

Back