@ Fatmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horrendous

Reaction score
I have been shopping around for a bellypan for a while and finally decided on the fatmax pan . After looking at his site I realised his shop is just a short drive from my house in the slc area. So I went over and met roger and picked up my new pan right outa his garage . I must say he is extremely friendly and knowledgeable. His website does not do his products justice in the pictures. He's got some quality products at a very reasonable price, ill post some.before and after pics once I get my paint done.

www.fatmax.com

Cool. I saw the other day he is offering a new front fairing

I'd buy a cybermax but I have a really hard time seeing at night and from what I understand cybermax is horrible for night riding. I saw his bat fairing on a bike and think it looks pretty nice the smaller one I considered buying but I'm still going over headlight options and haven't decided yet

I have been shopping around for a bellypan for a while and finally decided on the fatmax pan . After looking at his site I realised his shop is just a short drive from my house in the slc area. So I went over and met roger and picked up my new pan right outa his garage . I must say he is extremely friendly and knowledgeable. His website does not do his products justice in the pictures. He's got some quality products at a very reasonable price, ill post some.before and after pics once I get my paint done.

www.fatmax.com

Tell me something Horrendous......

Is your belly pan a gray color that his web page describes? Becuase mine was delivered a pale white color and my center seam didn't appear to be finished. I wonder if mine didn't have a finisher applied to it. My painter had a hell of time painting it. Had to reapply 3-4 times. I've had it on the bike only this past season and it's already peeling. He had to do all sorts of "finish work" with the seam and other areas. I know it's not the painter's fault. He worked for one of the best body shops in the area for years.

I've been putting off calling Roger to tell him about my problem but I guess it's gonna have to happen soon.

I figure it must be an isolated case because I haven't read of anyone else having this problem. Other than that, I love the look and fit of the pan.

Mine did come in a white color , I have not started the painting process yet ( still gotta get a few things from exactrep ) . That sounds a little scary , ill let you guys know if I run into any problems

Tell me something Horrendous......

Is your belly pan a gray color that his web page describes? Because mine was delivered a pale white color and my center seam didn't appear to be finished. I wonder if mine didn't have a finisher applied to it. My painter had a hell of time painting it. Had to reapply 3-4 times. I've had it on the bike only this past season and it's already peeling. He had to do all sorts of "finish work" with the seam and other areas. I know it's not the painter's fault. He worked for one of the best body shops in the area for years.

I've been putting off calling Roger to tell him about my problem but I guess it's gonna have to happen soon.

I figure it must be an isolated case because I haven't read of anyone else having this problem. Other than that, I love the look and fit of the pan.
i " MIKE " , MINE WAS ALSO A PALE WHITE , WITH A SEAM , WE SANDED IT OUT , PRIMED IT , FLAT-WET-SANDED IT AND HAD NO PROBLEMS AT ALL , ITS PAINTED GLOSS-BLACK , ITS BEEN AT LEAST 3 YEARS AND ITS STILL LIKE IT WAS PAINTED YESTERDAY ! .. I HAVE NO ANSWER FOR THE PROBLEMS YOU HAD WITH YOURS ! . :confused2:

i " MIKE " , MINE WAS ALSO A PALE WHITE , WITH A SEAM , WE SANDED IT OUT , PRIMED IT , FLAT-WET-SANDED IT AND HAD NO PROBLEMS AT ALL , ITS PAINTED GLOSS-BLACK , ITS BEEN AT LEAST 3 YEARS AND ITS STILL LIKE IT WAS PAINTED YESTERDAY ! .. I HAVE NO ANSWER FOR THE PROBLEMS YOU HAD WITH YOURS ! . :confused2:

i believe your answer for that, as to a lot of things, is 'not enough spikes!'

What y'all are describing is pretty typical on fiberglass products, they all require finishing, especially when "seamed"...Mine came the same way...The painter essentially has to perform bodywork with fillers etc to finish it out and get it ready for paint. it's pretty routine...

I haven't had any problem with my paint, I don't see why the paint wouldn't stick to it, depending on how he prepped it, and using compatible materials..

Paint is an entire system, if your painter doesn't use the same brand and compatible styles from the primer sealer all the way to the clear coat then they are always taking the chance that it goes wrong later....

They should also use a additive on fiberglass paint work, especially a belly pan, that makes the paint, a little less hard or brittle and less subject to failing when the whole thing flexes or gets hit by debris...same as on a urethane bumper cover

Here is the painted belly pan. Paint seems to be sticking just fine and it looks great.. can't wait to get it mounted on my 06.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1339967674667.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339967674667.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 64
Damn that thing looks killer!! Like how you painted the "scoop" to match the red tribal flames!

Yea the red made for a good highlight but I've completely repainted the bike scheme and no longer have the " tribal flames ".
My bike will be going together here in the next couple weeks and ill be posting a video. Here is the cut down rear fender and an idea of what the new paint scheme looks like. Cool stuff

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1339975662143.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339975662143.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 46
Any pics of that Belly Pan on ? I am going to get the air dam off of him. Wanted the Belly Pan but the factory engine guards wont work with it. The air dam mounts without interfering with the factory engine guards.

180ab489-6616-cbf7.jpg

A little dark but you can get the basic idea

You'll like his work, its top notch. :clapping:
I think with a couple of well placed holes, you would be able to make it work with engine guards, or some sliders.

rightsidew.jpg

frontquarter.jpg

Latest posts

Back