VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question is, why buy a seat from him when Sean makes them AND supports the VMF financially AND the riders.

Hmmm...

Question is, why buy a seat from him when Sean makes them AND supports the VMF financially AND the riders.

Hmmm...

I already owned a starfighter seat and wanted a second. Why mess with perfection. I also needed some Vgas manifolds only he has. I'm Very satisfied with them as well.

I'm not starting anything , and I'm not sure why your questioning my integrity because I bought from Jon. I understand your bitter , and it really shows.
This is a simply a thread about Jon and UFO you started. I'm following through with my experience and wouldn't hesitate buying from Jon again. Period..

Oh, and Iv bought from Sean and Kyle as well. All great venders.

Last edited:
I didn't start this thread...

I'm more bitter now that Jon has proved countless times on here what he truly thinks of his Vmax customers. He's proven time and time again that he takes the low road when the opportunity presents itself. Even if I hadn't been dicked over by him, I'd see how he acts and not want to spend a dime with him.

I'm not sure why you think I'm questioning your "integrity." Just couldn't understand your reasoning.

I'm mean/meant no hostility.

The fact is, this is a free country.. You and others can do what they please.

Chris

i . I HAVE DEALT WITH JON CORNELL A COUPLE OF TIMES , AND HAVE TALKED TO HIM ON THE PHONE MAYBE 6 TIMES OVER THE LAST 3 YEARS 11 MONTHS AND 3 WEEKS , I HAVE A STAR FIGHTER SEAT THAT I BOUGHT FROM UFO MONTHS BEFORE MY BUDDY BUTCH FOUND THIS FORUM FOR ME , AND WAY BACK THEN I DIDN'T EVEN NO HOW TO USE A COMPUTER , I'M SURE MOST OF YOU GUY'S CAN REMEMBER FROM HOW THE " BRIGHT GAUGE REMEDY " THREAD STARTED OUT WITH NO PICTURES AND EVERYONE HELPING ME , AND FINALLY AFTER "KJ" HELPED ME ON THE PHONE FOR 2 HOURS I COULD POST PICTURES ! .. MY NEXT PURCHASE WAS A VENTURE FINAL DRIVE FROM SEAN MORLEY ( I ALREADY HAD A SEAT ) , THEN A FAN SWITCH FROM V-MAX OUTLAW , THE MIRRORS FROM EXACTREP , TAIL LIGHTS FROM CUSTOM DYNAMICS , REAR LICENSE PLATE FROM FROM TURBO V-MAX , REAR SHOCKS & FLANDERS BARS FROM DENNIS KIRK , THEN A BELLY PAN FROM ROGER AT FAT MAX , SPIKES FROM EMPIRE CHROME SHOP , THEN AN OIL "O"RING FIX KIT FROM CYCLE ONE OFF , THEN A PRESSURE GUAGE FROM FROM CYCLE ONE OFF , AN ODYSSEY BATTERY , THEN ANOTHER SET OF REAR SHOCKS AND A MAGNETIC DRAIN PLUG FROM PYTHON , THEN MY 3RD SET OF TURN SIGNALS FROM HARRISON SPECIALTIES , NEW DELKEVIC SLIP-ONS , NEW METZLER 880'S FROM THE " MOTORCYCLE SUPER STORE " , AND AS YOU GUYS ALL NO , I JUST BOUGHT A 3RD SET OF REAR SHOCKS FROM SEAN MORLEY , AND ALL THE TIME UFO HAS ME AND MY BIKE ON HIS WEB-SITE ! .. IF I E-MAIL HIM SOME TIMES IT TAKES 2-3-4 DAYS TO HEAR BACK , NO DIFFERENT THEN SOME OTHERS MENTIONED ABOVE , THERES CUSTOMERS I DEAL WITH EVERY DAY SOME OF WHICH I'M SURE DON'T LIKE ME , IN THE 15 YEARS I HAVE BEEN THERE , THE POLICE HAVE BEEN CALLED TWICE BY THE CUSTOMERS , ONE OF WHICH CAME BACK , AND STILL IS A CUSTOMER TO THIS DAY , MY POINT IS THAT EVERYBODY HAS BAD EXPERIENCES WITH SOME PLACE AND OTHERS LOVE THE PLACES , LOOK AT WHERE I BOUGHT MY BIKE , BRAND NEW AFTER 76 MILES I HAD TO FLAT-BED IT BACK & THEY DIDN'T WANT TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT UNTIL I SAID THAT I WAS GETTING A LAWYER , NOW I WILL NEVER , FUCKING , EVER STEP FOOT IN THAT PLACE AGAIN , BUT I NO PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN GOING THERE FOR YEARS AND LOVE IT ! .. I'LL SPEAK FOR MYSELF , THE WAY THE WORLD IS , AND ALL THE SHIT GOING ON AROUND US , I'M JUST HAPPY TO COME HOME AND SEE MY SON & MY DOG ! ... NOW ME WITH MY V-MAX BEING ON JON CORNELL'S WEB-SITE , DOES THAT MAKE ME SOME SORT OF TRAITOR , I DON'T THINK SO ! .. IF ANYBODY ELSE WANTS TO PUT ME & MY V-MAX ON THEIR WEB-SITE I'LL SEND YOU PICTURES , I HAVE HAD GOOD EXPERIENCES WITH ALL ABOVE MENTIONED VENDER'S , THE LONGEST I WAITED FOR ANYTHING WAS 6 WEEKS FOR AN OIL GUAGE THAT WAS ON ITS WAY FOR 5 WEEKS , BUY SHIT HAPPENS & I HAVE DEALT WITH HIM SINCE & WILL DEAL WITH HIM IN THE FUTURE ! .. NOTHING FOR NOTHING , FUCK ALL OF THIS , I CANT FUCKING BELIEVE HOW MUCH MONEY I SPENT ON THIS FUCKING BIKE ! :bang head::bang head::bang head: http://planetvmax.com/gallery/customer-rides/madmax

Stepping out of my role as President of the VMOA and just a Vmax owner I wanted to weigh in on this. I have emailed back and forth with Jon about drag racing many times, but I have never bought any of his products. As a consumer I do my due diligence about who I purchase from. Using customer feedback and other means I invesitigate the vendor and make sure that I get what I want, when I want it, and for the price that I can afford. When there are delays I expect the vendor to call me or email me and let me know. If there is a problem I expect it to be taken care of promptly. Having read and heard everything I have about Jon I choose not to purchase from him. I know a lot of folks, including a gent who knows a helluva lot more about Vmax's than I, that think he is a great guy and swears by his products. Doing business with him is just not for me.

I have heard horror stories about most of the vendors I have dealt with in some form or another, with the notable exception of Sean who from all accounts, my own included, is one heck of a stand up guy. I have had some less than pleasant experiences with a couple of them, but all in all we have always worked through issues without it getting ugly. It is my intention to keep it that way.

OK, off my soap box.

i TAKE SEAN MORLEY FOR EXAMPLE , IF I KNEW 3 YEARS AGO THAT HE SOLD SHOCKS , I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT ALL THREE PAIRS FROM HIM INSTEAD OF JUST THE LAST SET ! .. BUT IF HE HADN'T POSTED HIS THREAD ABOUT HIS NEW SHOCK LINE THAT HE CAN NOW GET , THEN I WOULDN'T OF KNOWN THAT HE SOLD SHOCKS TOO ! .. I WOULD MUCH RATHER DEAL WITH A PERSON THAT I HAVE THEIR CELL # IN MY PHONE ( AND I HAVE SPOKE WITH SEAN MORLEY ON THE PHONE OVER THE YEARS ) THEN DEAL WITH A BIG CONGLOMERATE LIKE DENNIS KIRK AND J&P CYCLES ANY DAY ! .. :punk:

Out of all the vendors I've dealt with while modifying all my bikes, cars, boats, and house, I've never had this bad of an experience. Anymore, I just warn people that they risk an issue with Jon. It amazes me that I've spent 60,000+ dollars elsewhere without an issue. Any mistakes were handled NQA and I got what I originally ordered.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

I just got bit, I should've read this.
I sent UFO some stuff to polish after being told it would take 'no more' than two weeks.
After some unaswered calls and emails, I asked to send the stuff back if they were just too busy. Then I got told that said considering the time of the year they were close to what was quoted and that it had been prepped for polish , and it would ship by the end of the week [Week 3]
I waited a week and nothing[Week 4] followed up by an email..no response. Waited 24 hours and sent an email saying I was pulling the plug and send back my stuff, again.
I then got a response saying that the were in the shop on the weekend for the sole purpose of polishing my items, but because I wanted my stuff back, they were sending me back unpolished items of the same original condition and sending my finished items to the next work order. Almost like a punishment :ummm:

No apologies for not meeting the committed timeline, just saying that they are very dedicated and busy.

Definately not signed on to the 'customer is always right' philosophy. I'm sure they'll read this and I'll never get my unfinished parts back. It's good thing I got them cheap.

For the most part I usually buy my stuff from Python and Sean, I guess I learned my lesson.

I just got bit, I should've read this.
I sent UFO some stuff to polish after being told it would take 'no more' than two weeks.
After some unaswered calls and emails, I asked to send the stuff back if they were just too busy. Then I got told that said considering the time of the year they were close to what was quoted and that it had been prepped for polish , and it would ship by the end of the week [Week 3]
I waited a week and nothing[Week 4] followed up by an email..no response. Waited 24 hours and sent an email saying I was pulling the plug and send back my stuff, again.
I then got a response saying that the were in the shop on the weekend for the sole purpose of polishing my items, but because I wanted my stuff back, they were sending me back unpolished items of the same original condition and sending my finished items to the next work order. Almost like a punishment :ummm:

No apologies for not meeting the committed timeline, just saying that they are very dedicated and busy.

Definately not signed on to the 'customer is always right' philosophy. I'm sure they'll read this and I'll never get my unfinished parts back. It's good thing I got them cheap.

For the most part I usually buy my stuff from Python and Sean, I guess I learned my lesson.

Sorry you had to learn the hard way my friend. I'd heard the complaints on him as well, but wasn't abreast of everything, and I made the same mistake.

If you ask him, I lied and cheated and he offered this and that to me, but in the end, I got royally screwed too.

Live and learn and help warn others... That's all you can do.

Sean's the MAN!

Chris

Seans one of a kind, if he could bottle and sell patience, he'd be a millionaire.

got a flamed seat from ufo it took less than ten days from mailing it to getting it back looks great thanks jon

Latest posts

Back