Drag Race bike project, gen II

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awsome work !!!! I remember when they released the Gen 2 and braged about how much money in research to develope the new Gen 2 only to get a bike with same problems. (weight,fuel capacity,shaft drive and not the most popular rim size for race tires. Idiots !!! THIS GUY SHOULD HAVE BEEN RUNNING THE SHOW

must be a rush doing that, what kind of 60ft and 1/8 mile times/mph are you getting, just curious. comparing it to my race sled.

You're 60's are high...
You should be getting low 1.60's or high 1.50's pretty easily with your setup
That would put you solid in the 9.40's just as your bike sits now.

I completely agree. 1.50's should be the target 60' and easily low 9.s. The MPH will give a good indicator of potential.

Did get KMS MD35 ECU and wirings.
Fuel will be E85. Somebody else using the same combo?

Haven't had time to split the bike by now.

P1050963_zpsa17d3e5f.jpg

:rofl_200: GOOOD LUCK !

You're 60's are high...
You should be getting low 1.60's or high 1.50's pretty easily with your setup
That would put you solid in the 9.40's just as your bike sits now.

+1

By removing the throttle-by-wire you've made it more difficult to launch the bike hard and consistently. IMO

The bike has very large throttle bodies so the throttle now needs to now be finely controlled by your wrist when launching the bike. The advantaged of the ECU controlled throttle is that it will precisely adjust the blade openings to make maximum power at lower RPM.....and it is 100% repeatable.

You'll need a lot of practice to do as good or better. IMO

Just like the 1000's of us without computer aided control. It's not that difficult but does require practice. It also allows you to give more throttle and actually get more throttle then having a computer limit it to a predetermined ratio by the computer.

That's the entire premise behind Tim's reflashing service.

That's the entire premise behind Tim's reflashing service.
Exactly! And by tuning on a Factory Pro load dyno he is able to determine exactly what the optimum throttle opening for max power is at every rpm.

It will take a LOT of practice to do better than that!

Electric sifter fitted. Sifting manyally by buttons or upwards automaticly.
No longer a gear lever. A home made bracket.

Very cool... What programmer is used to add the fuel??? Piggy back unit or a new ECM?

Just curious as to why you picked a dry vs wet system....I've run both and got a little more punch out of a wet system. Guess also depends on where you activating it...right off the line or down the track??? How big of a shot? I assume you are aiming for low nines high eights??

Latest posts

Back