The chain drive project

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about my idea? Not finished tho but I bealive its a most clean desing on the market. Im not trying to discreditate your work but I've seen dozen mods like this
and never liked the final design...Hope you will find what you are looking for :punk:
ieu7.jpg

c7rn.jpg

How about my idea? Not finished tho but I bealive its a most clean desing on the market. Im not trying to discreditate your work but I've seen dozen mods like this

and never liked the final design...Hope you will find what you are looking for :punk:

ieu7.jpg

c7rn.jpg

Oh snap!!! I want this!!!!

Looks like a lot of precise machining is required on the cases for that mod. Interesting.

Did you change something on the clutch side of the case too?

Looks like a lot of precise machining is required on the cases for that mod. Interesting.

Did you change something on the clutch side of the case too?
No biggie, believe me...good to have some old engine cases to try on tho LOL

Did nothing on the other side but I can give one hint today. Not all the engine cases are suitable for this mod. I found them diffrent in casting.

Steve,

Since you have done this already and you know how so obviously its no biggie for you.
I would like to ask you something. I need 2 more spline adapters. Would you be able to machine the 2 adapter blanks like this(attached pdf). I have had only one which I did myself but dont have a much time right now - did it on a conventional mill so took me a coulpe of hours.

Steel (of you choice), untreated. Need to have this tight(I would like to use a puller to take it out).

Attachments

• Spline.PDF
    36.3 KB · Views: 55
I'm assuming the spline is to suit the OEM middle drive gear shaft as the same as what I splined thru my sprockets? Which of course is the same spline in the OEM yoke that carries that spring.
If so, then yes I have that on file. Wire cut EDM. Mine isn't particular tight because at some stage the sprocket might need to slide out from the side. I can reduce the size to suit your requirements though and have a spare OEM shaft to test fit it.

Great. Yes the spline should fit the oem shaft just as you reffer, the shaft in a good condition. If you can help me here that would be awsome. Im not in a hurry. Pls figure out how much do you want for this kind of a job and let me know here or PM. Need one for sure - will try to figure out I need another one or not.

I've tried to modify the original spring absorber part which is made loose but its not beefy enough for me.

Thx Steve.

So let me get this right... So an external option is possible?

I want to covert to a chain drive in the worst way.

we have an external with no case mods we've done but not going to clear the normal frame. we have pics in the engine album on facebook

Great. Yes the spline should fit the oem shaft just as you reffer, the shaft in a good condition. If you can help me here that would be awsome. Im not in a hurry. Pls figure out how much do you want for this kind of a job and let me know here or PM. Need one for sure - will try to figure out I need another one or not.

I've tried to modify the original spring absorber part which is made loose but its not beefy enough for me.

Thx Steve.

To machine the adapter and wire cut the spline is around $200 for 2 x it would be about $160 each

Souds fair - we have a deal. Looks like kiwi post wants around 50 NZD for 2kg air shipment.
Makes 250-ish. I need to messure this exactly. I should be in PL in
next 2 weeks or so. Wil try to make a good drawning for you till then.

Final bits of the puzzle

Attachments

• 001 (Large).jpg
    001 (Large).jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 140
  • 006 (Large).jpg
    006 (Large).jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 137
  • 010 (Large).jpg
    010 (Large).jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 142
  • 013 (Large).jpg
    013 (Large).jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 144
I like that too. Should give some added strength. What size chain are you running? Should not need more then a 530 chain with a good modern chain.

I think I worked it out and wrote it down somewhere but pretty sure I think it was
14/35 but of course I can always make the rear to whatever at any stage.

Latest posts

Back