Rims

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdeitz1979

Reaction score
So, browsing for rim ideas and concepts and sheer boredom has lead me on the path of making my own. But, I don't recall the max width a gen1 can go.....5", or 5.5"??? I know for even the next up on a stock rear we gotta do the shim trick, and heard of the notching, which I will have to definitely do. Anyone off hand know the max width, like absolute max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With an aftermarket rim and a notched swingarm i believe a 190 is about the max. Ive got a set of Carrozzerias on my Max and I run a 180 with a stock swingarm and no washer swap. Before switching rims i ran a 170 with no notching or washer swap.

Last edited:
Wider then 5.5" requires an even greater offset to the right then you'll already have.

c8552292f258f6c94ead564e08d4dea7.jpg
e502c3a25a09db35fa40d7c47b98d2bb.jpg

This is the rim I want to use, being a tight fit isn't any concern of mine, as long as it will fit.

You got the edged rim, I used the radiused outside contour lip. This is the 18". I think it looks smoother and cleaner. It's for sale.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 61
c8552292f258f6c94ead564e08d4dea7.jpg
e502c3a25a09db35fa40d7c47b98d2bb.jpg

This is the rim I want to use, being a tight fit isn't any concern of mine, as long as it will fit.

That will fit a piece of cake, you can make the hub to suit the position of the wheel right where you want it.

Yeah, that's the news I was hoping to hear lol. I'm not a big fan of the large radius on the lip, these kinda scream muscle to me,don't know why.

Latest posts

Back