EXTREME Ups and Downs in ONE DAY!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotsokids

Reaction score
Yesterday I won first place in my category in drag racing. My friend came who bought my old FJ 1200. We raced together and we got first and second place. My times were not very good because I was not mentally "in the game" due to what's written below...

Returned home with my trophy last night and talked to my sisters on my mom's medical condition. It's become worse and she is not expected to live more than just a few days. So I am arranging emergency travel now, most likely leaving tomorrow morning.

This is tough. She is ready to go. But this situation is never in our schedule. In OUR plans, everything is good and nobody dies.

Extreme emotions. Prayers would be appreciated.

Prayers to you and all of yours Brother.
Never easy to deal with the loss.
My Mother passed at 99 1/2 a year and a half
ago. She was settled to leave and that fact
helped. Now I'm wondering about me.
Even with all the Toys I have accumulated.
Anyway, Rambling. God be with you....

My mom passed at 48 years old in 1984-Not 1 day goes by without remembering her.
Thoughts are with you and your family.

I lost my mom last jan.Best possible wishes. Preyers included.

Me too.
And ditto.

It's never easy so to speak, but I will say that knowing it's coming soon is 'slightly ' better (for lack of a better word ) than a surprise/ unexpected situation.

Best wishes lotso.

T $

Congrats on your recent win at the drag strip.

Thinking of you concerning your mothers' troubles.

My prayers and best wishes for you and your family.

It will be 2 years ago this Aug 17th, when I lost my mom.
Somehow, I still wish that I can wake up from a bad dream.

May God give peace, to you and your family.

Mom passed away today.
She was very established in her faith as I am, and most of our family. She passed away very, very peacefully. My dad is taking it well, but mostly glad the suffering is over. He kissed her and said, "Goodby. I love you. I'll see you in a little while."
Glad I was able to get here and spend some time with her. She was on a ventilator and could not talk. But I told her I loved her and thanked her for sending me in the right direction in life. Her eyes filled with tears.
Not a loss, because I know where she is. Our Lord took her hand and led her to glory. You can mock Christianity, but it sure gives us HOPE.
No more suffering. No more pain. No more troubles.

You can take that deep breath now.
Thoughts are with you my friend.
My father sent a hiway patrol officer to tell me my mother had passed.It was their 31st wedding anniversery and I was at the race track preparing for the final round. I lost with tears in my eyes and won 2nd place that day. The winner moved to 3rd place in points overall and bumped me to 4th in points for the end of the season. 275 racers a year competed for points and that was my first year racing. Never quit. I still race NHRA. It is what I'm here for and you well know what you are here for too. Do what you love.

I am Sorry and Glad for you and your mom.
Sorry that it she left us in all this mess :),, Glad that shes no longer in pain,, but most of all, I'm glad to know, THAT YOU KNOW, you'll see her again.

I know I'll see my mom again..

Peace to you and your family.

Mom passed away today.
She was very established in her faith as I am, and most of our family. She passed away very, very peacefully. My dad is taking it well, but mostly glad the suffering is over. He kissed her and said, "Goodby. I love you. I'll see you in a little while."
Glad I was able to get here and spend some time with her. She was on a ventilator and could not talk. But I told her I loved her and thanked her for sending me in the right direction in life. Her eyes filled with tears.
Not a loss, because I know where she is. Our Lord took her hand and led her to glory. You can mock Christianity, but it sure gives us HOPE.
No more suffering. No more pain. No more troubles.

Even though I'm an atheist I would never mock, I have been a hospice nurse and in long term care for a few years and have seen Christianity (et al) as a positive force for a lot of folks as it has brought comfort to your family. It's really hard to knock something that positive for so many folks. I'm all thumbs up for any religion that does not hurt others, its all part of diversity.

I'm glad it went smoothly and everyone got to be there.

Back