Clutch engagement point changed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billy1ear

Reaction score
When I drove in this am the clutch was engaging when the lever was barely pulled in. As I got close to work it started engaging closer to full clutch lever pull. Hoping I make it home.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Forgot to mention the fluid appeared to be full looking at the site glass.

Sounds like time for a bleed. If it does the same thing:

• leaking master cyl.
  • leaking clutch slave cyl. (see my recent write-up on replacing this)
  • deteriorated hydraulic lines
Have at-it.

The bike is new to me so I can't answer for certain but I think the clutch setup is stock. It is a 2000 with 16k on it so I wouldn't think the clutch has been change but you never know. Outside appearances are stock. The lever looks stock but I saw a thread somewhere about aftermarket levers cup shifting around, or out of spec, or something like that. Something to look at.
If it was leaking I should see something at least at the master. But the fluid looked full.
The sun is out now so I can walk to the parking garage and have a better look at it.
Thanks for the replies.

The bike is new to me so I can't answer for certain but I think the clutch setup is stock. It is a 2000 with 16k on it so I wouldn't think the clutch has been change but you never know. Outside appearances are stock. The lever looks stock but I saw a thread somewhere about aftermarket levers cup shifting around, or out of spec, or something like that. Something to look at.
If it was leaking I should see something at least at the master. But the fluid looked full.
The sun is out now so I can walk to the parking garage and have a better look at it.
Thanks for the replies.

If you cannot see any clear in the window then it is too full and will cause that.

Can't see the bubble so maybe that is what is going on. Will take some out when I get home.
Temp dropped today a good bit for Texas. Maybe that, dunno.

Can't see the bubble so maybe that is what is going on. Will take some out when I get home.
Temp dropped today a good bit for Texas. Maybe that, dunno.

If you have too much fluid in the master cylinder under heat it will expand. Your symptoms sound exactly that.

Latest posts

Back