gen 1 clutch master cylinder

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PS the clutch master doesn't have a micro switch so you'll have to install a pressure switch or just rig something up. The micro switch on the brake master work's flawlessly.

Please keep us posted !

Very interesting !

Wish I could work on it !

I would Love to figure it out !

At this stage, I'll send you the bike! Think we have sorted it out... Said that before, should know in the next week. Thank you!

Using the RCS 16 for clutch and RCS 19 for Brake right now and they work great. Bleeding was a little bit long winded but once it was done the feel is solid. Clutch feel is very good and a definite improvement of the stock master cylinder which was functioning perfectly before the swap. Good luck.

You made my day!! I sent your message over to Ryan Reza at AdvMotoTech, who has the bike now. This is the first reference to exactly what we are intending to do that I have been able to find. Just great!!!! Ryan says easy, peasy with the bleeding, to which I replied, sounds like a nightmare to me... But, RCS 16/19 located and away we go. One question, are you running stock brake calipers in your setup? Hope so, that is what we intend to do... Thank you so much!!!!

PS the clutch master doesn't have a micro switch so you'll have to install a pressure switch or just rig something up. The micro switch on the brake master work's flawlessly.

Perfect. I'll pass this along as well. Thank you!

I have the FZR 1000 6 piston calipers but should work fine with the 4 piston. Brembo recommends 4 piston calipers. Definitely bleed the masters really well first before hooking up lines. Be sure to order the reservoir kits.

Oh and the brembo uses a fine thread banjo that a lot of others on sportbike forums have found a bit too short. The supplied banjo just worked with my galfer srainless lines. Galfer sells a shorter banjo with the correct pitch if needed.

Oh and the brembo uses a fine thread banjo that a lot of others on sportbike forums have found a bit too short. The supplied banjo just worked with my galfer srainless lines. Galfer sells a shorter banjo with the correct pitch if needed.

Thank you, thank you. Heading over to AdvMotoTech, and forwarding both of your new replies. Thank you!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...last time to see this setup. Good riddance. New Brembo RCS 16 and 19 on the way.

Attachments

• IMG_1328.jpg
    IMG_1328.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 19

What a nightmare. Just off the phone with AdvMototech and the new 16mm Brembo RCS has been installed and still the clutch is a problem. New slave, new galfer and still a problem. Nightmare. Now they want to secure a 19mm for the clutch side as well... I may pull the plug on this ridiculous waste of money!!!!

The RCS 16 worked great for me. It was a bitch to bleed but worked awesome when I was does. A little less FIRM lever than stock with galfer but much better engagement. Hope you can get it figured put without spending another dime.

The RCS 16 worked great for me. It was a bitch to bleed but worked awesome when I was does. A little less FIRM lever than stock with galfer but much better engagement. Hope you can get it figured put without spending another dime.

Thank you. Q: Are you running a Barnett clutch with the 16 RCS?

Stock clutch with an extra spring.

Hi ABJ. Fast forward to 2018... We are still fighting with the Clutch Master Cylinder 16 Brembo RCS setup. The only thing that is different on our end--we are running a Barnett Clutch. Everything top to bottom is fresh--from the Galfer, to the Slave, to the 16 RCS. We are very close to return to OE. The engagement is not correct, the lever is barely an inch from the handle, not in the mid range grip position. It also has been bled every which way. I sent this link to my mechanic who has the bike now... I wanna get back on the road!!!!

Latest posts

Back