tire problem please help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mongomax

Reaction score
My front tire is wearing more on one side than the other. Bike pulls to the left slightly when going down the road. Also have a speed weave. All these issues are related I have no doubt. Help!

Did you just get the bike?..was it worn when you got it?

I ask because when I bougt mine..it needed front tire baaad. Like yours it was warn mainly on one side.
I was worried that somethin must have caused it to be bald on one side only..and I had a death wobble above 45 mph.

Well...I changed the tire..and problem COMPLETELY SOLVED.

I still to this day dont know why it was sooo bald on just one side. Maybe the guy drove it around in circles?

Anyway, I hope yours is an easy fix too.

Btw..welcome to forum.

:)

T $

My front tire is wearing more on one side than the other. Bike pulls to the left slightly when going down the road. Also have a speed weave. All these issues are related I have no doubt. Help!

Turn the tire around and wear some off the other side. :confused2:

It's normal for a front tire to wear uneven, it's more evident on bikes ridden through lots of turns. When it's worn out the handling will suffer.

So as V-Four suggested replace the tire first. You should also be checking your steering head bearings and fork alignment.

Part of the reason is the crown in the road for drainage. Always get more wear on the left side of the tire.

+1 , especially those who don't have the twisties and the Europeeeens , who have a lot of roundabouts and drive on the right side of the road.

Part of the reason is the crown in the road for drainage. Always get more wear on the left side of the tire.

There have been studies disproving the road crown theory. It's actually that left turns cover more distance than right turns (in the US.) It's opposite in countries that drive on the left side of the road.

http://www.rattlebars.com/tirewear/index.html

never.gif

You may have uneven fork pressure to. Or frame out of aline just a thought.
Me thinking out loud.

I had the same problem I wish I took a picture so I could show you. I also had forks that were leaking and in my ignorance I just continued to ride with it that way. I finally came to my senses and rebuilt the forks and replaced the tire. I have not had the same wear problems since. Could be just a coincidence, but I would check to see if your forks need rebuilding and if your air pressure is the same.

I had the same problem I wish I took a picture so I could show you. I also had forks that were leaking and in my ignorance I just continued to ride with it that way. I finally came to my senses and rebuilt the forks and replaced the tire. I have not had the same wear problems since. Could be just a coincidence, but I would check to see if your forks need rebuilding and if your air pressure is the same.

That's what I was thinking, uneven fork pressure or frame out of alinement.

I never had a front tire ware to 1 side more. on street bike. not saying it can't happen though.

Latest posts

Back