In stock - 3 versions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MtnMax/Magniac

Reaction score
Next run of rack/backrests are in stock, and we now have 3 versions of the backrest. The backing plate for the backrest pad is available with skull, flame, or "V4" cutouts.

Attachments

• Skull.JPG
    Skull.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 116
  • Flame.JPG
    Flame.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 115
  • V4.JPG
    V4.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 131
You just had to make that flame one didn't you? Lol, ok, talk to me, you seen my bike, I want your setup but as you know it gotta be chrome, so how much is everything gonna cost for my bike, total? Let me know, Thanks, Ed

How much for just the luggage rack/brackets in chrome? I have a Corbin seat with backrest so don't need the backrest. Have been wanting one for some time but everything on my bike is chromed. Didn't know you could get them chromed. You can pm me if desired. Thanks... :clapping:

I'm not familiar with your setup. Is the backrest also made by Corbin, or do you have the Corbin seat with the Yamaha backrest? Can you post or e-mail me a pic? Maybe I can tell if it would fit.
Edit: I just checked Corbin's site and saw their backrest. If that's what you have, I'm sure the fit will be fine. However, I don't do chrome. The rack itself is polished aluminum, and the brackets are powder coated similar to the color of the stock grab rail.

How much for just the luggage rack/brackets in chrome? I have a Corbin seat with backrest so don't need the backrest. Have been wanting one for some time but everything on my bike is chromed. Didn't know you could get them chromed. You can pm me if desired. Thanks... :clapping:

Once you get the luggage rack, I know Sean offers a really good chroming service.

I'm not familiar with your setup. Is the backrest also made by Corbin, or do you have the Corbin seat with the Yamaha backrest? Can you post or e-mail me a pic? Maybe I can tell if it would fit.
Edit: I just checked Corbin's site and saw their backrest. If that's what you have, I'm sure the fit will be fine. However, I don't do chrome. The rack itself is polished aluminum, and the brackets are powder coated similar to the color of the stock grab rail.

Sorry, CustomMax mentioned chrome so I thought you could get that done. I have the Corbin backrest. Also have the complete OEM setup (backrest and rack) in chrome. I thought your rack by itself would look better that the complete OEM setup. I could add the Corbin backrest as needed since it goes on in seconds. Thanks.

I had one set of brackets which were not powder-coated yet, so I offered him those which he could have chromed after receiving. All the rest are already powder-coated to closely match the stock grab rail. You could blast off the powdercoat and then have them chromed.

How much do you charge members for just the brackets and luggage rack? Also, could the backrest/pad be added later if desired? Thanks.

The rack is $129.95, and the brackets are $79.95, plus shipping. You can mount the rack or the backrest separately, and add the other later, or they can all be mounted at the same time. Very versatile.

I just received the luggage rack with mounts from Dobie, the workmanship is top notch. It is a very strong design which should fit my needs perfectly for week long or longer trips with my camping gear.

I'll probably end up black chroming it along with the grab bar, eventually. For now I'm just going to paint the rack mounts a gloss black so they will "disappear" while in use.
Your getting equal time with me with those twins, my admiration is only given from afar!:worthy:

Hard to tell from the pics in the link, but I would hazard a guess that any of the M3, M35, or MM might work. Unfortunately, I have no direct experience with Givi systems. If you buy it, I would appreciate any feedback, + or -.

Latest posts

Back