VBoost problems

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 1993 VMax with a TBoost installation. I have had the bike since 2005. The VBoost has been working perfectly all this time. Even after I installed the TBoost, 4 years ago, everything worked as it should, 3K, 6K, off. The first time I noticed any problem was 2 weeks ago. I went out for a ride and the VBoost started opening @ 6K like it should, since the TBoost switch was set on 6K. On the way back home, I felt like berserking a bit, but the Boost did not kick in at all. The bike still has massive power with no dead spots, but now, I can't tell the difference in the power, no matter what the TBoost switch is set on. I don't hear the whirring sound of the VBoost in the startup phase and can't see any linkages moving, either. Could a faulty TBoost module create this scenario?

Help!

J J

Check the connections under the left side scoop, they could have some corrosion causing it not to work.

Check the connections under the left side scoop, they could have some corrosion causing it not to work.

after that "torque" the black box they are connected to a bit with the key on and see if you can make it "work". The black boxes are known to develop bad solder connections and sometimes burn up all together....

I have the same problem on my 86. I wiggle the box and connectors and I can get it to cycle. But not consistently. Is there a way to chase down the problem to a solder issue or a power issue?

despite you don't hear the v-boost servo working , is good to take a look and with your eyes, go in N , as you raise the rpm look under the carbs to see if the v-boost is working. if not then you should check the plugs where you interfered when you installed the t-boost upgrade.

Latest posts

Back