Top Fuel driver makes quickist run ever

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just as important ( in my humble opnion) is that Victory motorcycles is going to enter Pro-Stock motorcycle class. We'll see what the NHRA does to the class as they sure twist things up between the V twins and the Zooks( weight,displacement, even the length of the valve stems??)

3.58 @ 386 Approaching 400 MPH the stopping distences would have tobe increased and the current sand traps sure get used alot. That's over 450 FEET per second. Accel and decel over 4+ G's :eusa_dance: But a slight misstep and you have been launched into the next county!
There is a hugh contigent who wants to bring back true 1/4 mile drag racing in the top fuel classes. But NOT the drivers or team owners.

Us humans have gotten to fast for our own good.

Lew

Last edited:
3.58 @ 386 Approaching 400 MPH the stopping distences would have tobe increased and the current sand traps sure get used alot. That's over 450 FEET per second. Accel and decel over 4+ G's :eusa_dance: But a slight misstep and you have been launched into the next county!
There is a hugh contigent who wants to bring back true 1/4 mile drag racing in the top fuel classes. But NOT the drivers or team owners.

Us humans have gotten to fast for our own good.

Lew

I've been amazed for years at the quickness saying "How much faster can they go?!?!"............And they keep going faster & quicker!!.......don't blink.........

I love drag racing, I plan to be in Pomona this year for the finals. The Schumacher team is my favorite, with the T/F Army dragster with Tony Schumacher driving that fire breathing monster.

Let me know when your ready Joe. I'll meet you in Pomona:eusa_dance:

I was gonna call you and hoped you would go. Pomona has one of the nicest drag strips I have ever been to. I think there are more records to be broken as the season marches on.......

So do I. I had that issue of HotRod. Eddie and Ercie were just the nicest people.

The same thing holds true with bikes. I remember thinking a 10 second motorcycle..... then it was a 9 second motorcycle and now stock bikes are approaching 8 second, right off the show room floor. Utterly amazing!

Damn...I remember Garlits breaking 200 mph back in 64....where does the time go...? :sad2:

Yes I remember that, I was 14 years old. Then Don the Sake Predome went even faster:punk:

Same age here...You talking about the Greer , Black and Prudomme car ? A real beauty...but then again any car with a Keith Black Hemi was the balls...:worthy:

Same age here...You talking about the Greer , Black and Prudomme car ? A real beauty...but then again any car with a Keith Black Hemi was the balls...:worthy:
I remember Dick Landy's funny car & the Little Red Wagon doing wheelies for the crowd. We used to get in the trunk and sneak in every week end at Lions drag strip, never got caught:punk:

Last edited:
Back