What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, When I click on paperclip a box opens to select a url. Am I missing something?

When you click reply.......or click the go advanced button on the right side you will get 2 rows of option buttons.

I think what your seeing is actually a link in a chain.....a "link" button.

Good.....glad that I could help.

So people will post links from photobucket.....etc, and the bad thing about that is, if that account gets deleted, then those links dont work any more. If you upload them to the post....even if you never log into this site again, those pics are still there helping others.

More parts James so where are you going to hind this ? Maybe a weight to keep the door open lol

Jamie you are funny,

The guy Tony from NY will be buying 1 more car from me, He was shock at the work I put in to it. And the small block chevy hp numbers.

There guy 2 years i race on the vmax he had that black Suzuki B-king. He extended the swing arm 3" call me this morning about racing at the Colonial Beach this year like to see me there on the track. "O" his name is Mike....

I told Mike those days are over for me....

The track opens sometime in April. My Baby girl Corinne is here and told Mike I'm taking over where my pop's lift off. I will race you on Big red my bike or the vmax... My baby girl seen him last year run at Bubbs creek and his new times.

Mike said I won't you on the track... I said it will be Corinne.... I said bring your zx14 to... Mike said let me thinking about....

Started the headlight wiring only to find i didnt have the right size heatshrink tubing on hand, lol. Gonna head to Lowes after i take my son sledding!

I started the dis assembly of the bike today. Its cold in the shop but once we got moving things warmed up right away. The bike is rougher than I initially thought but for 500 bucks as the price of admission on an 85 with less than 10k on the odometer Im still ahead I think. My shop hand thought I bought this as a parts bike to piece out on eBay. Shoulda seen the look on his face when I told him it was going to be my personal daily rider eventually. Im going to need a grocery list of parts from what I can tell. This bike was stored in a storage container that was used for livestock feed. It may be the Master of the Road but unfortunately it is no master of keeping mice out. Not to mention the mud dauber nests in the carburetors. However WE POWER ON! Feed the MONKEY!!

A113ycat have you listed your new 85' vin number yet on the oldest surviving vmax thread ? Pics of your mud dobbed rat invested bike from start to finish might be kinda cool to see the transformation back to it's mighty life ..

A113ycat have you listed your new 85' vin number yet on the oldest surviving vmax thread ? Pics of your mud dobbed rat invested bike from start to finish might be kinda cool to see the transformation back to it's mighty life ..

I havent added it yet. I plan on it tho. We are doing a photo montage as we go along so that we have it well documented from humble beginnings to restored glory. Im waiting until we get enough done to show. It is bad right now and many would question my sanity for undertaking this project.:ummm::bang head::ummm:

Im waiting until we get enough done to show. It is bad right now and many would question my sanity for undertaking this project.
No, no... Take pictures right away!
Even if its nothing but a rusted out frame and 2 tires.
That's the best type of restoration montage you can get.
To really see what it was, and to see how it get transformed into the beast that it is, is a tribute to the "Max".. Pun intended:biglaugh:

No, no... Take pictures right away!
Even if its nothing but a rusted out frame and 2 tires.
That's the best type of restoration montage you can get.
To really see what it was, and to see how it get transformed into the beast that it is, is a tribute to the "Max".. Pun intended:biglaugh:

Oh! Im sorry I mislead, we have pictures from the container to the present state. We are photographing the whole process and Im going to do a photo montage with power point

Lowering my seat

Started my seat lowering today...shaved about inch and 1/2. I will post pics after i re-stretch the cover.

Attachments

• ATT_1425436499849_20150303_185327.jpg
    ATT_1425436499849_20150303_185327.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 15
  • ATT_1425436499906_20150303_191028.jpg
    ATT_1425436499906_20150303_191028.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 15
  • ATT_1425436499950_20150303_201253.jpg
    ATT_1425436499950_20150303_201253.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 16
Re: Lowering my seat

Started my seat lowering today...shaved about inch and 1/2. I will post pics after i re-stretch the cover.
It's looking good.
I reshaped my seat years ago and I'm still happy with it.

Attachments

• 2000-Vmax-Stock-vs-Modified-Seat-768.jpg
    2000-Vmax-Stock-vs-Modified-Seat-768.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 16
Back