brake/clutch levers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought some cheap ones from ebay, while they are ok in themselves they do/did have a problem, I wanted some to enable a closer reach for my short fingers, however these were further away from the bars in their 'closest' position, I had to do a bit of careful sawing and filing to allow them to come in further and as a result they are great now :)

I ran into an issue on some. These were fairly expensive, but didnt find out that there was an issue until the Oklahoma heat kicked in. The hole that the pushrod will fit into for the clutch, was drilled too shallow, also putting just a bit of pressure on the clutch, and making it slip in the heat. To make everything work, I had to take a couple of mm off the length of the pushrod.

I ran into an issue on some. These were fairly expensive, but didnt find out that there was an issue until the Oklahoma heat kicked in. The hole that the pushrod will fit into for the clutch, was drilled too shallow, also putting just a bit of pressure on the clutch, and making it slip in the heat. To make everything work, I had to take a couple of mm off the length of the pushrod.

Yep, I had the same thing also. Kept letting a bit of fluid out of my clutch bleeder and yet I'd experience the same thing again when the bike got hot. I finally figured out that my new clutch lever was doing this and did the same as you, in cutting down the clutch push rod. I did the work on the rod on the master cylinder because it was so easy to get to and easy to remove and grind down a bit. Works great now.
I think a lot of people will have this same thing happen and will need to do the same thing.

Vinnie

Yep, I had the same thing also. Kept letting a bit of fluid out of my clutch bleeder and yet I'd experience the same thing again when the bike got hot. I finally figured out that my new clutch lever was doing this and did the same as you, in cutting down the clutch push rod. I did the work on the rod on the master cylinder because it was so easy to get to and easy to remove and grind down a bit. Works great now.
I think a lot of people will have this same thing happen and will need to do the same thing.

Vinnie
Same with mine, but i drilled hole deeper. But that was hard steel. 2 -3 mm only.

Same with mine, but i drilled hole deeper. But that was hard steel. 2 -3 mm only.
I was trying that also when I found out what the problem was. But I wasn't able to drill enough and didn't want that bushing paper thin. So I changed to the stock brass bushing and then just ground down the clutch master rod and called it done.

p.jpg
Here are the ones i bought

I was trying that also when I found out what the problem was. But I wasn't able to drill enough and didn't want that bushing paper thin. So I changed to the stock brass bushing and then just ground down the clutch master rod and called it done.
I broke 3 drills. But they where my neighbore's :)

Back