V-Max vs. GSX-R 1000 Trash Talk

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday I told my friend the consensus was that he would beat me.
But I also told him... "But MY bike chips your teeth idling at a stop light."

LOL. :lol_hitting:

You will also win whenever you stop for fuel or grab a bite to eat. It used to grind my brother to no end that everybody that came up to talk bikes always just asked him what his was then asked a bunch of questions about the Vmax or had a friend/ cousin/ brother that had one and that they all we scared of how fast they were. I usually tell the biggest thing that scared me was how bad the brakes were when trying to slow this thing down!
You will win all the bench racing battles for sure!:punk:

I am surprised I haven't heard any I beat a Busa on my Gen 1, so you can smash a Gixxer 1k, yet LOL!

I think alot of times it matters where you ride also. Where I am located there are no sport bikes. My Turbo Busa and ZX got WAY more attention than my Vmax did. To everyone around me, the Vmax was just another Harley in the herd. Bike night by my house is compromised of 185 harely/cruisers, 5 odd ball bikes, and 3-5 sport bikes.... mine being one of them. It actually bummed me out since I did alot to the Vmax and almost nothing to my ZX. I actually get more compliments on my ZX out of state in my last trip to Florida than I ever have on any of my other bikes. I was riding with two Harleys so maybe that was why LOL!

Either way like Bking Mike said, go to the track, have some fun. It will be a blast. Win or lose, you will have fun. Just ask Mike, I think he beat me once.... when I broke my driveshaft on the Vmax ;)

Todd

I think you should race the guy anyway. As the underdog, you can't lose. If you lose, it was expected and you had fun. If you win, it will be "of so sweet".

100+ out that day. Sweaty in the shade with the breeze.

Gixxers come and Gixxers go. I've had a couple and they are superb bikes but the Vmax ? Now that's an icon. Like a retired Heavyweight Champion it still packs a fearsome punch and it commands immense respect. Thirty years on and this machine still drops jaws and refuses to be embarrassed, it has the heart and soul of a fighter who may take the occasional knee but refuses to quit until the final bell.
Best bike I've ever owned and I've had a lot.

Chris.

Gixxers come and Gixxers go. I've had a couple and they are superb bikes but the Vmax ? Now that's an icon. Like a retired Heavyweight Champion it still packs a fearsome punch and it commands immense respect. Thirty years on and this machine still drops jaws and refuses to be embarrassed, it has the heart and soul of a fighter who may take the occasional knee but refuses to quit until the final bell.
Best bike I've ever owned and I've had a lot.

Chris.
Great analogy !

Riding lesson helps a'lot. 2 years ago i came up on a light on a four lane that just went red and it had 4 rockets waiting for me 3 were 600cc I had just enough room and time to come to a stop look at them and slap my shield down the light went green and i laid into my freshly Damon tuned Vmax and when i hit 2nd gear i was all by myself i looked in the mirror and watched 4 bikes come down off the rear wheel and all new the non rocket bike just kicked there ass. I hammered 3rd just to rub it in. That did feel good but if one of them would of had better experience it would have went way different.

Stop light to stop light and getting the jump is about the only way a Vmax can beat a small 600 cc bike unless they can't ride at all. Which is about half of them anyways...:biglaugh:

Back