HD oiler question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I just got myself the longer bolt gonna try soon. Do you know if impact wrench work for the clutch housing? I dont have the clutch holder tool to get it to correct torque.

Plenty of guys have used an impact without issues. Just apply common sense and don't over do it.

Most cycle shops will have the tool for sale. They are pretty inexpensive.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Motion Pro offers a modded Vise-Grip to do the job correctly, holding the clutch basket. Cheap compared to replacing a shattered basket!:confused2:

Thanks! I just got myself the longer bolt gonna try soon. Do you know if impact wrench work for the clutch housing? I dont have the clutch holder tool to get it to correct torque.

Fixed it! Used a impact gun, locked it with a bendable tab. Seems pretty solid. Finally got the HD oiler kit together haven't tried it though. Thanks alot everybody, wouldn't be possible without you guys!

i had to use 1 longer bolt myself, the other 2 went to torque.

I did get the HD oiler kit together, but i might have forgotten to rebend the tabs at the oil pipe system. Do any of you know if that matters?

Should be ok but that is designed as a fail safe in case a bolt comes loose and it would still hold the pipe in place. I've personally never seen one come loose and need the fail safe feature.

Latest posts

Back