" gel battery "

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OUT OF ALL OF THE MOTORCYCLES IVE HAD , IVE NEVER GOTTEN MORE THEN 2 YEARS OUT OF A BATTERY ! JUST BAD LUCK ?...:confused2:... AND MAN I WISH I HAD CHANGED THIS F!@#$*G ONE SOONER !...:bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

I've got the stock battery in my 2003 SV1000S... Also keep it connected to a Battery Tender at all times.

Chris

I WAS JUST LOOKING IN A MAIL ORDER MAGAZINE & A OEM. STOCK V-MAX BATTERY IS $89.00 + SHIPPING & DOESN'T COME WITH ACID , YOU HAVE TO BUY ACID AT A PARTS STORE & THEN CHARGE THE BATTERY ! SHIT IN MY GUESSTIMATION , THAT WOULD MAKE IT MORE MONEY AFTER ALL OF THAT SHIT , THEN MY NEW ODYSSEY BATTERY WITH A 8-12 YEAR LIFE EXPECTANCY ! WHY WOULD ANYBODY BUY ONE OF THOSE ?..:confused2:

I WAS JUST LOOKING IN A MAIL ORDER MAGAZINE & A OEM. STOCK V-MAX BATTERY IS $89.00 + SHIPPING & DOESN'T COME WITH ACID , YOU HAVE TO BUY ACID AT A PARTS STORE & THEN CHARGE THE BATTERY ! SHIT IN MY GUESSTIMATION , THAT WOULD MAKE IT MORE MONEY AFTER ALL OF THAT SHIT , THEN MY NEW ODYSSEY BATTERY WITH A 8-12 YEAR LIFE EXPECTANCY ! WHY WOULD ANYBODY BUY ONE OF THOSE ?..:confused2:

That's a good question Tim.....? :confused2:

I GOT MY PC680 ODYSSEY BATTERY , ITS AWESOME ! CRANKS THE BIKE OVER LIKE A MOTHERF!@#ER ! MY STOCK 2 YEAR OLD BATTERY HAD 3 BAD CELLS & HAD BOILED OVER A LITTLE & GOT ONTO THE RIGHT REAR COIL CONNECTOR & CRUSTED IT UP A LITTLE & I HAD TO FIX THAT ! BUT MAN WHAT A DIFFERENCE ! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND EVERYONE PUTTING ONE OF THESE SEALED ODYSSEY BATTERIES IN ! ...:punk:

i THIS BATTERY IS STILL IN MY V-MAX , OVER 8 YEARS , AND STILL CRANKING OVER LIKE A MOTHER ! :punk: ....................... I PROBABLY JUST JINXED IT ! :ummm:

I just replaced the "new" battery, that the guy I bought my bike from at the end of February had just installed, with a Motobatt MB16AU battery and I can tell a huge difference in the way it starts. The battery he had put in it was one of the cheapo UB16AL-A2 ones.

$_58.JPG

I think the stock R/R killed it. I replaced the R/R and tried to repair the battery with the genius battery tender but it wasn't meant to be. It would give me 2-3 starts but after that it was the dreaded click of death. If I didn't have the choke on when starting cold and had to give it a couple of attempts, it'd croak and I'd have to hook up the battery tender. I didn't like the fear of being stranded either.

The new battery is an Absorbed Glass Mat battery, totally sealed so I didn't need to hook up the vent hose to it. Came charged out of the box and it really turns over the bike with ease. I recommend it highly!

813165.jpg

I just replaced the "new" battery, that the guy I bought my bike from at the end of February had just installed, with a Motobatt MB16AU battery and I can tell a huge difference in the way it starts. The battery he had put in it was one of the cheapo UB16AL-A2 ones.

$_58.JPG

I think the stock R/R killed it. I replaced the R/R and tried to repair the battery with the genius battery tender but it wasn't meant to be. It would give me 2-3 starts but after that it was the dreaded click of death. If I didn't have the choke on when starting cold and had to give it a couple of attempts, it'd croak and I'd have to hook up the battery tender. I didn't like the fear of being stranded either.

The new battery is an Absorbed Glass Mat battery, totally sealed so I didn't need to hook up the vent hose to it. Came charged out of the box and it really turns over the bike with ease. I recommend it highly!

813165.jpg

The battery in the top photo is 170 cca's and the yellow mototbatt in the bottom pic is 370 cca's.

Yes , the MOTOBATT battery is a good battery , had one in my Magna because they don't make an Odyssey battery that fits , my R/R went and COOKED IT BAD , it blew up like a Grapefruit and had a real hard time getting it out of the battery box , but thank God it didn't blow up with me and my son on it !
Then I was talked into putting a Lithium battery in it , so far so good .
But if they made an Odyssey battery that fit , it would have one in it also !

I bought 2 new 34M-PC1500 ODYSSEY EXTREME SERIES BATTERIES FOR MY BOAT TODAY .
$621.98 + tax

Took the VMAX out today , went 92 miles , Odyssey battery is 9 years and 4 months old .
Can’t believe it myself !

The Odyssey battery is one sick pup. I had one in my Vmax for over 6 years. Then wanted to save some weight in the Vmax and in my Twin Turbo 300ZX.

I took the Odyssey from the Vmax and put it in the Z for shits. I didn't even know if it would start. It did! Then I did a test by leaving the lights on for 1/2 hour to see if it would still start. It did!

I now have a Deltran (Battery Tender brand) Li battery in my Vmax for over 3 (March of 2015), and my Z is still running the Odyssey.
9 year old Odyssey running in a sports car. Crazy.

Vinnie

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 32
I'M LOOKING FOR A SOLID GEL BATTERY THAT WILL FIT RIGHT IN MY "06" CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME THE WEB-SITE & THE PART NUMBER PLEASE ?...:confused2:

Take the battery to a battery shop they will give you one that fits. The battery I got needed the battery box bottom corners cutout as the box is tapered. Do not use car chargers or battery minders when storing the bike. Just take the cables off and leave it. Come back in a year hook up the cables and start the bike up. The bike will start every time when the motor is hot on summer days with gel battery. 95 Vmax [email protected]

My Odyssey pc 680 is 7 years old and the bike start like new, but if the gel is a plus for the risks of leakage, the real advantage is the purity of the lead and the thickness of the elements which confer to it power and longevity.

Latest posts

Back